website statistics

Short Track Speed Skating at the Winter Olympic Games 2018

Totallympics

33 minutes ago, james89 said:

I've read the comments that the site itself has put and it contains no death threats , Koreans are angry of referee decision and if any nation depending on 1 sport like them was ripped of a medal in this way at least that they think this would have been their comments too 

47 minutos atrás, james89 disse:

This is normal, many people lose control with anger, would probably happen if they stole a medal from us in beach volleyball, for example. I just hope this does not hurt the psychological of the Canadian athlete, who is the most innocent in history.

2 hours ago, james89 said:

This is normal for Korea (I lived there for 10 years).  Look up what happened to Apollo Ohno.  Or FIFA in 2006.  Or boxing at the 1988 Olympics.

Story: At London in 2012 Park Tae-Hwan was DQed for a false start in the 400m swimming heat.  That moved Canadian Ryan Cochrane into the final (this decision was later overturned, for no good reason I might add).  I was the lone Canadian (or foreigner of any kind) at my place of work in Seoul and I was greeted the next day with anger, yelling and insults by my co-workers.  I was told it was all a conspiracy by the swimming association and Canada to discredit Korea and push the Canadian into the final.  After I was done laughing at the idea that Canada had any sway with the swimming federation, I just hid in my room the rest of the day.  I was kicked out of the lunch room at noon, but when Park was re-instated later that day I was mocked relentlessly and my country insulted.  This all by grown educated adults who I had been "friends" with for years.  For the duration of those Olympics I was reminded daily by several co-workers of how many more medals Korea won compared to Canada while being laughed at.  Koreans, in general, are terrible losers AND terrible winners.  Their English word for cheating is "Cunning", just to let you know their view on the subject, by the way.  

Right after the race last night, I turned to my friend and told him, "And here come the death threats!".  I enjoyed my time in Korea and have made some lovely Korean friends.  But this is also a country where every international sporting event I went to, locals would stand for their own national anthem and then sit for the other country's while loudly talking away.  I want our hockey team to destroy them.  Just absolutely smash them.  Unfortunately half the Korean team is Canadian, so it'll probably be pretty close.  

Edited by orangeman

32 minutes ago, orangeman said:

This is normal for Korea (I lived there for 10 years).  Look up what happened to Apollo Ohno.  Or FIFA in 2006.  Or boxing at the 1988 Olympics.

Story: At London in 2012 Park Tae-Hwan was DQed for a false start in the 400m swimming heat.  That moved Canadian Ryan Cochrane into the final (this decision was later overturned, for no good reason I might add).  I was the lone Canadian (or foreigner of any kind) at my place of work in Seoul and I was greeted the next day with anger, yelling and insults by my co-workers.  I was told it was all a conspiracy by the swimming association and Canada to discredit Korea and push the Canadian into the final.  After I was done laughing at the idea that Canada had any sway with the swimming federation, I just hid in my room the rest of the day.  I was kicked out of the lunch room at noon, but when Park was re-instated later that day I was mocked relentlessly and my country insulted.  This all by grown educated adults who I had been "friends" with for years.  For the duration of those Olympics I was reminded daily by several co-workers of how many more medals Korea won compared to Canada while being laughed at.  Koreans, in general, are terrible losers AND terrible winners.  Their English word for cheating is "Cunning", just to let you know their view on the subject, by the way.  

Right after the race last night, I turned to my friend and told him, "And here come the death threats!".  I enjoyed my time in Korea and have made some lovely Korean friends.  But this is also a country where every international sporting event I went to, locals would stand for their own national anthem and then sit for the other country's while loudly talking away.  I want our hockey team to destroy them.  Just absolutely smash them.  Unfortunately half the Korean team is Canadian, so it'll probably be pretty close.  

Did these people care about sports in general or just the display of their nation in the world, being ranked as high as possible?

Stopped watching sports, there are better things in life.

44 minutes ago, orangeman said:

Now that I think about it I worked with some Korean people when Yuna won silver in 2014 and they were definitely in a meltdown mode when that happened.

46 minutes ago, orangeman said:

I can tell you that at the stadium, everyone, and I mean practically EVERYONE, cleared out before the medal ceremony. It was so awkward.

I can’t help but root against Korea. When they don’t get their way many people act like spoiled kids. But the people sitting next to me were really nice about it. It’s not everyone who acts like this by any means.

3 hours ago, orangeman said:

Iam going to the game and will be obnoxious as possible lol

12 hours ago, Quasit said:

Did these people care about sports in general or just the display of their nation in the world, being ranked as high as possible?

In general, no, these people don't know anything about sports.  It's just extreme nationalism.  Let's just say even though I had a great time in Korea and know many wonderful Korean people, I can easily understand how North Korea happened.