website statistics

Sports Budgets in your Nation

DaniSRB

Greek Ministy of Culture and Sports has been given a budget of 339.490.000 € for 2018, but i don't found any breakdown or publication how funding will be distribute between culture and sports. do you have more information @George_D ?

Edited by Janakis

• 1 month later...

Rewards of Slovak athletes from The PyeongChang Winter Olympics has been officially announced

GOLD 1st Place           50 000 eur

ANASTASIYA KUZMINA, biathlon – 12,5 km Mass Start

SILVER 2nd Place     40 000 eur

ANASTASIYA KUZMINA, biathlon – 10 km Pursuit

SILVER 2nd Place     40 000 eur

ANASTASIYA KUZMINA, biathlon – 15 km Individual

5th Place        15 000 eur

PAULÍNA FIALKOVÁ, biathlon - 15 km Individual

5th Place        15 000 eur

PETRA VLHOVÁ, alpine skiing - alpine combined

5th Place        12 187,50 eur per athlete

PAULÍNA FIALKOVÁ, ANASTASIYA KUZMINA, TERÉZIA POLIAKOVÁ, IVONA FIALKOVÁ, biathlon – 4x6km Women´s Relay

50% of the amount will be payed by the National Olympic Committee and 50% by the Ministry of Education and Sports

50k for gold, 40k for silver....and still 15k for a 5th place, nice :d 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

• 8 months later...

After the Asian Games, our sport budget next year will be reduced from USD 100 million to USD 55,7 million. And still we never know where it goes. While football and badminton will barely affected by this, I was concerned about the other sports which are planning to go to Olympic qualifying tournaments...

6 godzin temu, Griff88 napisał:

After the Asian Games, our sport budget next year will be reduced from USD 100 million to USD 55,7 million. And still we never know where it goes. While football and badminton will barely affected by this, I was concerned about the other sports which are planning to go to Olympic qualifying tournaments...

Oh my, that's really big cut! :yikes: And they will do this in pre-olympic year...

1 hour ago, Col_Frost said:

Oh my, that's really big cut! :yikes: And they will do this in pre-olympic year...

That's why some athletes and coaches began to voicing their concern.. How come you prepare the athletes win 2 Olympic golds with 45% less budget than the one used for Asian level competition?

2 hours ago, Col_Frost said:

Oh my, that's really big cut! :yikes: 

I guess quite a lot of countries do so right after hosting a major event like the Olympics or Asian Games..

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

• 4 months later...

https://olharolimpico.blogosfera.uol.com.br/2019/03/29/sem-lei-piva-esporte-olimpico-deve-sofrer-apagao-a-partir-de-abril/

Basically, it says that because the Brazilian Olympic Committee (COB) has a significant debt with the government, which they can't pay now, no money - at all - will be given to COB anymore. This was done through Lei Piva/Piva Law, which seems to be going to end from April on (or at least until COB works away it's debt).

This way, COB can't divide quite some millions, which they would get via this Lei Piva, to the different federations. I'm taking CBDN (snow sport federation) as example, because that's the one I actually know stuff about, so in their case it mean's that they're gonna depend entirely on the money they get from FIS and IBU, international sports federations. As good as all salaries are paid by this Lei Piva/Piva Law, meaning all money from FIS and IBU would have to be used to pay that...leaving zero money for any infrastructure or any support for athletes. I'm sure the basic workings are similar for most of the other sports federations, except for maybe those that are soo big they don't depend on COB that much.

@vinipereira @thiago_simoes @hoversaBR (and apologies if I'm forgetting a Brazilian), feel free to add or change to this. What I said is mostly a mix of what I read in the article and what I heard from someone who knows the inner workings, but it's possible I got some details wrong or something.