website statistics

How Many Medals do You Expect from Your Nation at the Winter Olympic Games 2018?

vor 46 Minuten schrieb EselTheDonkey:

Let's see:

Luge: 4 - 6 medals

Skeleton: 1 - 2 medals

Bobsleigh: 2 - 5 medals

Ice Hockey: 0 medals

Short Track: 0 medals

Speed Skating: 0 - 3 medals

Figure Skating: 0 - 1 medals

Curling: 0 medals

Freestyle Skiing: 0 - 1 medals

Snowboard: 0 - 2 medals

Alpine Skiing: 0 - 3 medals

Ski Jumping: 1 - 4 medals

Nordic Combined: 2- 4 medals

Cross Country Skiing: 0 - 1 medal

Biathlon: 3 - 9 medals

Overall: 13 medals lowest score, 41 medals highest score.

Makes an average of 27 medals. :p And now let's hope for the best.

Some questions:

6 medals at most in luge?

2 medals at most in skeleton?

5 medals at most in bob?

Where do you expect a second medal in snowboard, apart from womens parallel slalom?

3 medals in alpine skiing? Did you miss the injuries of Neureuther and Luitz? :d

You are very optimistic to see a chance for a medal in cross-country skiing.

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

Germany winning 6 medals only in singles (in luge) isn't even impossible (though not highly likely, especially 3 in the men's is not the most expected outcome), I'd say a realistic maximum for Germany in terms of medals there is 9 (if everything works out perfect, but not entirely impossible). If I was a German luge fan, I'd be disappointed with anything less than 6 medals. 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

vor 3 Minuten schrieb OlympicsFan:

Some questions:

6 medals at most in luge?

2 medals at most in skeleton?

5 medals at most in bob?

Where do you expect a second medal in snowboard, apart from womens parallel slalom?

3 medals in alpine skiing? Did you miss the injuries of Neureuther and Luitz? :d

You are very optimistic to see a chance for a medal in cross-country skiing.

I can't answer your questions about bob, luge and skeleton, because I'm not sure what you mean. Too low? Too high?

I do not expect a second medal in Snowboard. I would be very happy, if we win one. But the second possibility is Boardercross, men.

Alpine Skiing: If Neureuther and Luitz weren't injured, my guess would have been 0 - 5 medals. As it is, I see chances with Rebensburg (two disciplines), men's speed and in the team event. I know that nothing of this is even a very high chance, except maybe Vicky in Giant Slalom, but note that I also mentioned 0 medals as a possibility.

I definitely think that we have a chance for a medal in women's team event's in Cross Country.

vor 6 Minuten schrieb heywoodu:

Germany winning 6 medals only in singles (in luge) isn't even impossible (though not highly likely, especially 3 in the men's is not the most expected outcome), I'd say a realistic maximum for Germany in terms of medals there is 9 (if everything works out perfect, but not entirely impossible). If I was a German luge fan, I'd be disappointed with anything less than 6 medals. 

There's no way Germany will make a sweep in men's luge. I think 7 medals at most could be possible (3 women, 1 men, 2 doubles, 1 luge).

1 minute ago, EselTheDonkey said:

There's no way Germany will make a sweep in men's luge. I think 7 medals at most could be possible (3 women, 1 men, 2 doubles, 1 luge).

Well like I said, no sweep is of course more likely than a sweep, but it absolutely would not be the biggest surprise ever if Germany does sweep the luge men's podium.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

3 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

Well like I said, no sweep is of course more likely than a sweep, but it absolutely would not be the biggest surprise ever if Germany does sweep the luge men's podium.

Germany won't sweep any of the luge podiums. This ain't Oberhof.

Edited by dcro

#banbestmen

Anyway, it's always hard of course. To use Dutch speedskating as an example: there's medal chances in literally every event, some higher than others. But saying there is a chance in women's 500m (which of course there is) doesn't mean I actually think that's going to happen :p The Dutch team could realistically get a total of 10 medals, but also a total of 20 medals. Which is why coming up with a total is nearly impossible when looking at every event individually :p 

Just now, dcro said:

Germany won't sweep any of the luge podiums. This aint' Oberhof.

It's not North America neither, so women's sweep is far from unrealistic.