Welcome to Totallympics, the home of Olympic Sports!

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to other members, get your own private messenger, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Login | Create an Account

Sign in to follow this  
LDOG

[PREDICTION CONTESTS] PyeongChang 2018 Olympic Bet Contest Discussion Thread

phelps    447
1 hour ago, LDOG said:

Participant help needed: does someone know how many under 18 gold medalists we have as of now? I'm only aware of Red Gerard and Zagitova.

3: Gerard & Kim (both USA, both Snowboard) + Zagitova (RUS, Figure Skating)

LDOG    498
1 hour ago, phelps said:

3: Gerard & Kim (both USA, both Snowboard) + Zagitova (RUS, Figure Skating)

Thanks. From what I see there aren't any under 18s in the hockey or curling teams that can win a gold tomorrow and there aren't any U18s either in the current top 7 teams in bobsled 4s (haven't looked up the lower teams though). So, unless there are some U18s in the cross-country event, we are very close to a "no" answer :d

OlympicsFan    228

What is going on? Why was my previous comment deleted?

There was also a under 18 gold medallist in shorttrack (Lee Yu-bin), but whatever ...

In mens ice hockey and womens curling there wont be any under 18 year olds in the final.

LDOG    498
hace 5 horas, OlympicsFan said:

What is going on? Why was my previous comment deleted?

There was also a under 18 gold medallist in shorttrack (Lee Yu-bin), but whatever ...

In mens ice hockey and womens curling there wont be any under 18 year olds in the final.

Thanks for that one (your post is in the previous page btw).

We have 4 then, but I just checked all the cross-country participants of the last event and there isn't a single one under the age of 18, so the answer will be a "no" :d

Edited by LDOG

OlympicsFan    228
vor 3 Minuten schrieb LDOG:

Thanks for that one.

We have 4 then, but it just checked all the cross-country participants of the last event and there isn't a single one under the age of 18, so the answer will be a "no" :d

Good to hear, i bet 10 points on it. It has to be said that this was a very good question, it could have easily been the other way round, if Burmansson or South Korea in mens team pursuit for example would have won the gold. When i bet 10 points, i absolutely didnt think about the korean girl in shorttrack relay or Redmond Gerard, so i guess i got lucky.

phelps    447

I'm sorry...I missed the young Korean, since she didn't skate in the final (only in the heats)...:facepalm:

however, the Games are over and the answer to the betting contest question is officially "NO", since we only have 4 champions less than 18 years young...;)

LDOG    498

The grid is finally complete, thanks to everyone for participating!

Results will be coming... in a few days.

LDOG    498

2018BetContest.png

PyeongChang 2018 Olympic Bet Contest Final Standing available here

ca93554dea4b2d60ed198230c1a12f4b.jpg.4a05d2852188ff96f934faa5edf1d813.jpg :ITA Dunadan
5a91983c5af54_ca93554dea4b2d60ed198230c1a12f4b-Copy.jpg.034592cc412660cfe59ff1ce89ac476f.jpg :ITA phelps
5a91984c3d883_ca93554dea4b2d60ed198230c1a12f4b-Copy(2).jpg.cd039f740e6494aa5156e15a6bb109f8.jpg :ITA Albe

Italian 1-2-3 for our Bet Contest! @Dunadan impressive as always, managed to obtain a mind-blowing 212 points out of a possible 250 (with 49 bets won). Second place for @phelps who won more bets than Dunadan (51 to be exact), but lost key points in a few bets. 3rd place for @Albe, who was the participant that won the most bets of all (54, really impressive).

A special mention to 4th placer @Nate River, unfortunately he couldn't give Canada the first prediction medal of the year (those missed 10-pointers in Speed Skating...).

With this, I now go back to prediction management retirement. I won't be organizing the next editions of Bet Contest (unless no one else is willing to do it), so thank you all for everything, from the Bet Contest Organization Committee (LDOG & Quasit) :)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Nate River    167
1 hour ago, LDOG said:

A special mention to 4th placer @Nate River, unfortunately he couldn't give Canada the first prediction medal of the year (those missed 10-pointers in Speed Skating...).

66- There will be a clean sweep (to win Gold, Silver and Bronze) by the dutch in at least one event. [NO - 10]

^ I was really, really confident about this one too xD

heywoodu    2,994

Congratulations to the winners and a big thanks for organizing the contest :cheer:

• Like 1

De_Gambassi    262

6th place, not bad :champion: Just missing the podium for very little, that's frustrating very much like the french team at Pyeongchang actually :d I had a couple of big 7 or 8 points misses (like Switzerland overtaking Austria )

I had abyssimal results in the other contests (often beaten by @bestmen :roflmao:), so there is that.

Thanks to anyone involved, I really appreciated this contest :)

Gianlu33    849
8 hours ago, LDOG said:

With this, I now go back to prediction management retirement. I won't be organizing the next editions of Bet Contest (unless no one else is willing to do it), so thank you all for everything, from the Bet Contest Organization Committee (LDOG & Quasit) :)

Thanks for your work in this years :hatoff: