Jump to content

Welcome to Totallympics, the home of Olympic Sports!

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to other members, get your own private messenger, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Login | Create an Account


Sign in to follow this  
LDOG

[PREDICTION CONTESTS] PyeongChang 2018 Olympic Bet Contest Discussion Thread

Recommended Posts

Vojthas    59

Curling - Norwegian men's team will play every match in different trousers. ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
LDOG    559

2018BetContest.png

 

 

PyeongChang 2018 Olympic Bet Contest is now OPEN

 

Please, READ THE RULES carefully before posting. And keep track of the NUMBER OF POINTS you distributed at the end, this is very important. I will try to warn users that have excess of points few days before the deadline, but you will be disqualified if you're exceded by even 1 point (it's tough but there is no other option unfortunately, otherwise I wouldn't be able to keep the contest fair).

 

Also, if you detect any ambiguity or problems with the bets (or if you just need some clarification of the meaning), don't hesitate to tell me here. This contest is tough to make so it's always possible that I didn't notice some flaw in the bets. The sooner we see them the better, of course.

 

Good Luck!

Edited by LDOG
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Dunadan    168

 

On 1/2/2018 at 19:16, LDOG said:

Also, if you detect any ambiguity or problems with the bets (or if you just need some clarification of the meaning)

Question 24 - Biathlon. I don't think it's clear for everyone.

24- There will be a Gold Medalist in the individual races with 1 or more misses on the shooting range. [YES/NO - X]

What do you mean by individual races?

A) The two Individual events (20km men's and 15km women's)

or B) all the individual races (Sprint + Pursuit + Individual + Mass Start)

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
LDOG    559
hace 6 horas, Dunadan said:

 

Question 24 - Biathlon. I don't think it's clear for everyone.

24- There will be a Gold Medalist in the individual races with 1 or more misses on the shooting range. [YES/NO - X]

What do you mean by individual races?

A) The two Individual events (20km men's and 15km women's)

or B) all the individual races (Sprint + Pursuit + Individual + Mass Start)

 

 

 

A)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ArK    0

60- Two different athletes will win a medal for Hungary.

 

I'm assuming this doesn't include the relays.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
LDOG    559
hace 7 horas, ArK said:

60- Two different athletes will win a medal for Hungary.

 

I'm assuming this doesn't include the relays.

 

yes, no relays. Sorry, should have added that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
LDOG    559

BET CONTEST - FIRST REVISION OF USER POSTS

 

Well, I have made a first revision of the posts of every participant so far and the users mentioned below have some problems in their posts. There will be a second (and last) revision 24 hours before the deadline to enter the contest. After that, I won't look at your posts until it's time to post the final results, so if you enter the contest in the last 24 hours please check and double check your post.

 

Risk of disqualification...

 

@Bohemia has left one bet without points (number 5), has currently distributed less than 250 (but that isn't a motive of DSQ).

@stamura84 Excess of points distributed.

@titicow Excess of points distributed.

@ArK Some bets have more than 10 points assigned, you can only place up to 10 points in a bet.

 

Not at risk of disqualification, but have used less than 250 points (just a favor from your host ;))...

 

@Pablita

@Federer91

@dcro

@bestmen

@uk12points

@EselTheDonkey

 

 

Also @tigersay, @Dunadan and @OlympicsFan haven't filled up their predictions completely, but I'm sure they will do at the end.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
bestmen    919

i removed much points , i think it's ok

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
LDOG    559
hace 50 minutos, bestmen said:

i removed much points , i think it's ok

 

No, no, you didn't have to remove any points. When I checked your post you used 222, so you still had 28 more points to use. That isn't an infraction, I just told you so you can use all 250 points.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
heywoodu    3,229

General advice for anyone who might almost fall in the same trap as me: watch out for the 'double positive/negative' questions :p (as in "Event X will not happen", yes/no, where yes means it will not happen and no means it will happen :d )

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Pablita    63
19 hours ago, LDOG said:

BET CONTEST - FIRST REVISION OF USER POSTS

 

Well, I have made a first revision of the posts of every participant so far and the users mentioned below have some problems in their posts. There will be a second (and last) revision 24 hours before the deadline to enter the contest. After that, I won't look at your posts until it's time to post the final results, so if you enter the contest in the last 24 hours please check and double check your post.

 

Risk of disqualification...

 

@Bohemia has left one bet without points (number 5), has currently distributed less than 250 (but that isn't a motive of DSQ).

@stamura84 Excess of points distributed.

@titicow Excess of points distributed.

@ArK Some bets have more than 10 points assigned, you can only place up to 10 points in a bet.

 

Not at risk of disqualification, but have used less than 250 points (just a favor from your host ;))...

 

@Pablita

@Federer91

@dcro

@bestmen

@uk12points

@EselTheDonkey

 

 

Also @tigersay, @Dunadan and @OlympicsFan haven't filled up their predictions completely, but I'm sure they will do at the end.

 

 

Amended, thanks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Sign in to follow this  

×