website statistics

India National Thread

gvaisakh

3 minutes ago, Steve_RP said:

Chalo...everyone buck up....

We've seen bad days.,....Cant go worse....

Can only get better

Yes Another Good news of the day .. P.V. Sindhu won her first round in Style - 21-8, 21- 9 , Gopichand Product .. :) 

44 minutes ago, Madhusudhan said:

that is what i meant........ i hope spain atleast draws great britan match...... india should avoid Aus in QF in any case (or is it the other way, the way Aus is playing in this olympics) 

Madhu...we are going to beat any team that we face in quarters.. Don't worry

39 minutes ago, Madhusudhan said:

that is what i meant........ i hope spain atleast draws great britan match...... india should avoid Aus in QF in any case (or is it the other way, the way Aus is playing in this olympics) 

No guys I think we will face Spain. Our group is settled. We will be 3rd if dont lose aganist canada. And Belgium will top the other group and spain will be 2nd (if they lose to england also because they already have 9 points and australia with next win will get 9 points but the goal difference between both is +7 in favour of spain). But there is a chance if spain loses aganist england and australia win with 10+ goals aganist brazil.

2 minutes ago, Kiruphagaran said:

No guys I think we will face Spain. Our group is settled. We will be 3rd if dont lose aganist canada. And Belgium will top the other group and spain will be 2nd (if they lose to england also because they already have 9 points and australia with next win will get 9 points but the goal difference between both is +7 in favour of spain). But there is a chance if spain loses aganist england and australia win with 10+ goals aganist brazil.

Remember..spain is a good team... We lost Twice in the recent counter..but we won the warm up match against them

1 minute ago, Kiruphagaran said:

If Spain lose to GB by 1 goal, Australia would need to defeat Brazil by 7 goals. Australia play Brazil after Spain-GB match and after Group B is complete. So, they can basically chose if they want to face India by finishing 2nd or Germany/Netherlands by finishing 3rd. And, Brazil has a GD of -36 from 4 games, so it is safe to say, Australia can defeat Brazil by 7+ goals easily. 

2 minutes ago, Prakash said:

Remember..spain is a good team... We lost Twice in the recent counter..but we won the warm up match against them

To be honest I didn't expect Spain to do so well here. I thought they would compete with New Zealand for 4th place but their win against Australia, really opened the group up. And, there is no doubt, Spain is a good team, but I fear Australia more than Spain. Hence, hoping for Spain in QF and not Australia. 

As per Hockey stats, Australia will be at 3rd or 4th position in Group A. Belgium and Spain will be at No.1 and No. 2 or vice versa. India will be at No. 3 or No. 4. It means, we will compete with Spain or Belgium in Quarter Final. We can beat any team on our day :)

We are in the middle of Olympics but lots of Indian performance are yet to be watched.

1) Dipa Karmakar Vault Final (Gymnastic)
2) Gagan Narang (50m Rifle Prone, Shooting)
3) Saina Nehwal Consistency (Badminton)
4) Giant killer P V Sindhu (Badminton)...She can defeat any player !!
5) Miracle Boy Srikanth (Badminton)
6) VIkas Krishan and Manoj Kumar (He is also a giant killer as he lost to World Champion Stalker in last Olympics with controversy) (Boxing)
7) Yogeshwar Dutt, Narsingh Yadav, Vineh Phogat and Sandeep Tomar (A Dark Horse)
8) Men's Hockey (Of Course)

9) Athletics (Very rare medal hope but expect lots of National records and Personal best will be changed)

So enjoy all sports fans and support our players :) They are not lesser than champions :champion:

18 minutes ago, ug238 said:

As per Hockey stats, Australia will be at 3rd or 4th position in Group A. Belgium and Spain will be at No.1 and No. 2 or vice versa. India will be at No. 3 or No. 4. It means, we will compete with Spain or Belgium in Quarter Final. We can beat any team on our day :)

We are in the middle of Olympics but lots of Indian performance are yet to be watched.

6) VIkas Krishan and Manoj Kumar (He is also a giant killer as he lost to World Champion Stalker in last Olympics with controversy) (Boxing)
7) Yogeshwar Dutt, Narsingh Yadav, Vineh Phogat and Sandeep Tomar (A Dark Horse)

9) Athletics (Very rare medal hope but expect lots of National records and Personal best will be changed)

So enjoy all sports fans and support our players :) They are not lesser than champions :champion:

Agreed :yes

34 minutes ago, ug238 said:

Missing Atanu (BIN) Das from Archery .. ;)