website statistics

India National Thread

gvaisakh

Just now, Madhusudhan said:

I know everyone is disappointed with India not winning any medal till now (loosing one or two very closely).... I feel India have some more chances in badminton, shooting, wrestling and also may be in tennis and boxing...... hoping for the best:d

1 performance...thats all we need..1 performance and the whole team will be lifted...

5 minutes ago, Steve_RP said:

surprisingly, i find this forum rather quiet now than during London.....

It was way more active in terms of posts during Commonwealth and Asian games

We used to have some really heated arguments...

Time zone difference 

10 minutes ago, Steve_RP said:

surprisingly, i find this forum rather quiet now than during London.....

It was way more active in terms of posts during Commonwealth and Asian games

We used to have some really heated arguments...

I think it is more or less linked to no of events india partcipating... in Asiad/Commonwealth games india partcipation is high and more importantly medalists were more

1 minute ago, Madhusudhan said:

I think it is more or less linked to no of events india partcipating... in Asiad/Commonwealth games india partcipation is high and more importantly medalists were more

not really......even during London, this place used to buzz

1 minute ago, Kiruphagaran said:

Chin up guys. We have some more events to go.  If we dont support who will. you wont get to watch olympic moments often.

Thats the way to go........ I think we have lost out on only two medal opportunities weightlifting (not many cared but it was our easiest medal chance considering no chinese there) and Bindra (hard luck).... so not all is lost... still good no of chances are there for India

1 minute ago, Madhusudhan said:

Thats the way to go........ I think we have lost out on only two medal opportunities weightlifting (not many cared but it was our easiest medal chance considering no chinese there) and Bindra (hard luck).... so not all is lost... still good no of chances are there for India

Add the women's archery team to that list of lost opportunities....

8 minutes ago, Kiruphagaran said:

Chin up guys. We have some more events to go.  If we dont support who will. you wont get to watch olympic moments often.

very true... :d .. My frustration gone .. Back to normal .. waiting for today EOD to post my Summary .. even if we return with out medal .. I will still support Olympic sport athelitics.

Archery team tried...conditions and luck affected them really bad......Bindra tried his heart out..unlucky..hats off to that kind of commitment.

But chanu's performance was really puzzling....

Competition was low....other lifters kept failing their attempts...

All she had to do was lift that 106 in the clean and jerk.....not 1 lift...it was also her opening eight which means she's lifted it several times b4