website statistics

India National Thread

gvaisakh

Main problem is mental conditioning for our athletes...They need to have psychological sessions...Deepika was just that case where pressure took toll on her...She accepted that fact indirectly..Can't blame athletes for that.....This is important part of training for international athletes, But Indians hardly get this...And then blame game of not performing...Sportspeople will understand my point...Fans are bound to be frustrated but all go for glory and not for fun...No one wants slip up.

Edited by Prashanth

Tokyo - 2020

Go India Go

Ayonika Paul is not staying in the games village and staying in an apartment with his coach his father. She didnt attend the opening ceremony. This is to concentrate on her event which is on the 1st day itself. A lots of amusement and celebration happen in the games village

6 minutes ago, Prashanth said:

Main problem is mental conditioning for our athletes...They need to have psychological sessions...Deepika was just that case where pressure took toll on her...She accepted that fact indirectly..Can't blame athletes for that.....This is important part of training for international athletes, But Indians hardly get this...And then blame game of not performing...Sportspeople will understand my point...Fans are bound to be frustrated but all go for glory and not for fun...No one wants slip up.

I think time they have been provided with mental conditioning coach etc. Also they archers have reached Rio almost a month in advance. So, there is little room to complain for them.

Missing an arrow altogether and hitting a 5 is unacceptable for a top level archer. It never happens with Koreans.

Hope Deepika can correct the same in knock outs.

But, as of now Atanu Das looks the best medal prospect for me in archery. 

@sameerph This reminds me off the American if not mistaken in 2004 who just had to hit the board in shooting to get gold but shot zero to loose not only the gold but get no medal...he had a lead of around 6 I think...But he gained the best in life, He got an consoler in shooting partner who later turned to be his wife....

Tokyo - 2020

Go India Go

18 minutes ago, Prashanth said:

Its no surprise that the best sporting nations also have amazing big event acumen...Its all in the conditioning one gets right from the early days......Our system isn't the best, we know that.....but things are changing...and quickly....but all the other changes which plague our sportsperson would need lot more time to overcome.....its not something we can overcome in 4 years.....its a long process which would take years......and maybe the next batch of athletes who are 14-15 yrs old would come out stronger

22 minutes ago, Steve_RP said:

Its no surprise that the best sporting nations also have amazing big event acumen...Its all in the conditioning one gets right from the early days......Our system isn't the best, we know that.....but things are changing...and quickly....but all the other changes which plague our sportsperson would need lot more time to overcome.....its not something we can overcome in 4 years.....its a long process which would take years......and maybe the next batch of athletes who are 14-15 yrs old would come out stronger

45 minutes ago, Prashanth said:

I agree with you Guys. But our problem starts outside sports. We are dependent on our parents for too long and most of us are spoon fed. But when you look at western countries they are more independent from their teenage. But now its changing in our country as well. And we should develop a sporting culture and sports science. We say we are super power in cricket but we have not produced a world class allrounder after kapil dev. When you ask kids they will say I want to become a sachin or dhoni but they will not say i want to become a zaheer or kumble.