Jump to content

Welcome to Totallympics, the home of Olympic Sports!

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to other members, get your own private messenger, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Login | Create an Account


gvaisakh

India National Thread

Recommended Posts

Steve_RP    3
9 hours ago, Govind said:

Any one remember another Karmakar ... who finished 4th in Olympics .. its Joydeep Karmakar - 50 m rifle prone in 2012 London Olympics

Right....

I saw a FB post by him right after Dipa's finals...

"Didnt want to see another Karmakar finish 4th..heartbroken"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Hazique    1

Still atleast a week for the olympics to finish and indian participation only left in wrestling and badminton and maybe few athletics event. Thats what is the difference between good sporting nations. Today only one wrestler and a badminton match is there. For india to be sporting nation we must participate and popularize sport such as judo fencing swimming which are so popular througout the world and earn us medals. Its so sad that almost all our contingent is out and the games are far from over.

Another thing is instead of taking inspiration from china we must first take inspiration from countries like iran and other african countries who participate in few sports but make sure they win a medal in that event.

They train their athletes with the beat coaches. Iran is a superpower in wrestling and weightlfting and they will take the medals in that event. Likewise india whose sports awareness started at the 2008 olympics we were at the same stage as iran but now look at the difference iran is participating in sports and playing with the big boys.

Even if we start supporting our athletes now and finding new ones we will surely reach double count in tokyo. Sports to look at is swimming,judo,fencing,diving,rowing and we must keep getting better at what we r doing.

Thanks for letting us put our thought on this thread.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Prakash    4
1 hour ago, Hazique said:

Still atleast a week for the olympics to finish and indian participation only left in wrestling and badminton and maybe few athletics event. Thats what is the difference between good sporting nations. Today only one wrestler and a badminton match is there. For india to be sporting nation we must participate and popularize sport such as judo fencing swimming which are so popular througout the world and earn us medals. Its so sad that almost all our contingent is out and the games are far from over.

Another thing is instead of taking inspiration from china we must first take inspiration from countries like iran and other african countries who participate in few sports but make sure they win a medal in that event.

They train their athletes with the beat coaches. Iran is a superpower in wrestling and weightlfting and they will take the medals in that event. Likewise india whose sports awareness started at the 2008 olympics we were at the same stage as iran but now look at the difference iran is participating in sports and playing with the big boys.

Even if we start supporting our athletes now and finding new ones we will surely reach double count in tokyo. Sports to look at is swimming,judo,fencing,diving,rowing and we must keep getting better at what we r doing.

Thanks for letting us put our thought on this thread.

Perfect:yes

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Steve_RP    3

There is no better substitute to having a wide pool of athletes across disciplines...swimming is a huge discipline with lots of medal events...

But, for that we need someone like deepa doing something for indian swimming...

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, Steve_RP said:

There is no better substitute to having a wide pool of athletes across disciplines...swimming is a huge discipline with lots of medal events...

But, for that we need someone like deepa doing something for indian swimming...

 

 

You are absolutely right. There was saina to turn kids into badminton, deepa karmarkar now has opened door for gymnastics in india. We need some star in swimming.

Badminton is in safe hands of gopi and for doubles the new malaysian coach needs time to produce results. We have lot of boys coming up but I'm worried about girls. sania mostly will retire after 2020 tokyo and only we have sindhu. They should groom a bunch to replace both of them for long term.

Shooting we have ability and we should be consistent. Archery- I heared someone saying that techique of womens team is not so good according to the korean coach. I feel mens team is better placed as we have atanu and atul verma. Boxing - drastic changes should be made.

We have lot of potential in north east and we should tap into it. It is high time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Dolby    93

As I had feared, WADA has appealed clean chit to Narsingh. Special bench of CAS in Rio will hear his case. There is a very real chance that he won't be allowed to compete in Rio (and of course no one will be allowed to replace him)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Govind    9
9 hours ago, Hazique said:

Still atleast a week for the olympics to finish and indian participation only left in wrestling and badminton and maybe few athletics event. Thats what is the difference between good sporting nations. Today only one wrestler and a badminton match is there. For india to be sporting nation we must participate and popularize sport such as judo fencing swimming which are so popular througout the world and earn us medals. Its so sad that almost all our contingent is out and the games are far from over.

Another thing is instead of taking inspiration from china we must first take inspiration from countries like iran and other african countries who participate in few sports but make sure they win a medal in that event.

They train their athletes with the beat coaches. Iran is a superpower in wrestling and weightlfting and they will take the medals in that event. Likewise india whose sports awareness started at the 2008 olympics we were at the same stage as iran but now look at the difference iran is participating in sports and playing with the big boys.

Even if we start supporting our athletes now and finding new ones we will surely reach double count in tokyo. Sports to look at is swimming,judo,fencing,diving,rowing and we must keep getting better at what we r doing.

Thanks for letting us put our thought on this thread.

 

Do we any time participate in Fencing events .. I don't see indian in Asian Games too .. Sorry I may be wrong..

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Steve_RP    3
1 hour ago, Dolby said:

As I had feared, WADA has appealed clean chit to Narsingh. Special bench of CAS in Rio will hear his case. There is a very real chance that he won't be allowed to compete in Rio (and of course no one will be allowed to replace him)

Worst news possible at this moment....

Participation in doubt for sure

Hearing's on the 18th....

Hoping for a miracle

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Govind    9
5 minutes ago, Steve_RP said:

Worst news possible at this moment....

Participation in doubt for sure

Hearing's on the 18th....

Hoping for a miracle

 

 

Now tremendous pressure for Wrestles, PV Sindu and Sirkant.. Very sad to see. ...

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


×