website statistics

India National Thread

gvaisakh

WFI Replaces Narsingh Yadav With Praveen Rana for Rio Olympics

Rana is named as replacement but if Narsingh is found innocent by NADA, then he can be back. But, even if Narsingh is cleared he can't compete if traces of dope still are in his body.

2 minutes ago, Prakash said:

WFI Replaces Narsingh Yadav With Praveen Rana for Rio Olympics

Rana is named as replacement but if Narsingh is found innocent by NADA, then he can be back. But, even if Narsingh is cleared he can't compete if traces of dope still are in his body.

He's got high levels of methandienone...

but why is'nt Sushil considered if Narsingh cant go.....clearly its misdirected anger against him....nothing against Praveen Rana...It seems as it WFI is pissed with Sushil....

but that cant be a reason not to send someone who's of Sushil's class

17 minutes ago, Steve_RP said:

but why is'nt Sushil considered if Narsingh cant go.....clearly its misdirected anger against him....nothing against Praveen Rana...It seems as it WFI is pissed with Sushil....

Agreed. You can't say that he is not being sent to avoid controversy. Unless wfi have serious evidence against sushil's involvement in the narsingh saga, I don't see any reason why he shouldn't be sent.

34 minutes ago, Steve_RP said:

We barely got to know it was Methandienone, and there isn't a single confirmed information available beyond that. All speculative. On what basis are you stating it to be "high levels"? 

As far as Sushil is concerned, I had similar thoughts seeing Rana's name. However, as the word is (confirmed by Digvijay 'CNNIBN' anchor, who was with Sushil yesterday), Sushil has been out of practice, and does not intend to go to Rio. So there would be no rebuttal from Sushil's camp in case Rana is the final man.

46 minutes ago, rohan sharma said:

I don't know how effective would this be but appreciate the effort to initiate a petition. Just a thought, I feel the selling point to IAAF would be that Neeraj's participation would have a great impact on the perception of athletics in India.