website statistics

India National Thread

gvaisakh

5 minutes ago, Prakash said:

Any live streaming available for India's Davis Cup match against South Korea?

It is live on DD Sports. Can't watch on TV? I remember last olympics a few of us had found a few streams of DD sports. Should be available on the net.

On 7/14/2016 at 10:37, Vaibhav (minchu) said:

Nirmala and Anas are a part of relay team. That's confirmed!

If any of you guys are on twitter, you could give K.P. Mohan a follow. I am sure he needs no introduction and is also pretty active there with all the latest info regarding athletics.

My Initial information was correct -   AFI  in an attempt to increase participation did send a list which did not include nirmala sheoran , anas and tintu but IAAF had put a rider only in dec that your 4*400 relay squad must include your 400 distance runners necessarily........ so now they have dropped the idea and added anas and nirmala ............................... The full story is given below 

http://www.thehindu.com/sport/other-sports/rio-olympics-2016-indian-olympics-athletics-team-to-be-reduced-to-36/article8850343.ece

...    I am not clear about tintu status because they do not need to include tintu ( the rule applies  only to events corresponding to the relay ) ...if Tintu is not included should we not have 1 extra quota ....... That of course depends on the nominations in the 20 km walk and 50 km walk I think  ........................... are we at  121 or  120  ? 

Incidentally :hatoff: to dolby who when I put the posting immediately said that nirmala and anas ahve to be included but tintu can be excluded ...................... I hereby vote to send @Dolby to train all the federations on the Rio rules :p, they seem to be know so little

Edited by nitinsanker

strength does not come from physical capacity but from an indomitable will. - Gandhi

1 hour ago, Suneet said:

It is live on DD Sports. Can't watch on TV? I remember last olympics a few of us had found a few streams of DD sports. Should be available on the net.

I think every such websites are banned by the Indian government

2 minutes ago, Prakash said:

I think every such websites are banned by the Indian government

well I remember seeing the entire commonwealth games on bbc directly using hola unblocker ..............................   also I saw the live feed of DD sports of the federation meet live on a site so think that there may be possible sites .....................

strength does not come from physical capacity but from an indomitable will. - Gandhi

2 hours ago, Prakash said:

Davis cup - Group I

Ramkumar Ramanathan wins the first rubber

Myneni wins the second rubber giving India 2-0, Hope Doubles Paes and Bopanna will seal our victory tomorrow:yes.

Edited by Prakash

4 hours ago, nitinsanker said:

Incidentally :hatoff: to dolby who when I put the posting immediately said that nirmala and anas ahve to be included but tintu can be excluded ...................... I hereby vote to send @Dolby to train all the federations on the Rio rules :p, they seem to be know so little

Thanks for the kind words. All the qualification documents are easily available. I don't know why federations and journalists don't take the effort to read 2-4 pages of document and avoid such fiascos. We already saw how media and Boxing federation created a hype about Wild Card for Mary Kom. And now AFI, one of the better run federations, led by a former Olympian. :wall:

1 hour ago, Dolby said:

Thanks for the kind words. All the qualification documents are easily available. I don't know why federations and journalists don't take the effort to read 2-4 pages of document and avoid such fiascos. We already saw how media and Boxing federation created a hype about Wild Card for Mary Kom. And now AFI, one of the better run federations, led by a former Olympian. :wall:

could not agree more :yes

21 hours ago, sanjaydas said:

Correct...great idea

The Union Government has planned to bring sports fans together to celebrate the spirit of Olympics by putting up giant screens at open spaces in all major Indian cities. The concept of ‘fan park’ is a big hit among major football playing nations where fans enjoy the tournaments on giant screens set up at a central location. Sports Minister Vijay Goel said that the locations  will have giant screens, on which events involving the Indian athletes will be aired live. 

56 minutes ago, tirtha22 said:

The Union Government has planned to bring sports fans together to celebrate the spirit of Olympics by putting up giant screens at open spaces in all major Indian cities. The concept of ‘fan park’ is a big hit among major football playing nations where fans enjoy the tournaments on giant screens set up at a central location. Sports Minister Vijay Goel said that the locations  will have giant screens, on which events involving the Indian athletes will be aired live. 

Nice concept but not sure how successful it would be considering the huge time difference