website statistics

India National Thread

gvaisakh

1 hour ago, Madhusudhan said:

Am also wondering what was that.... I want to be sure abt these rules for yogeswar match to avoid tension... my view was sakshi was winner even with 5-5 score but even then sakshi was desperate to score points in last seconds

I asked @MHSN about it and he has clarified. What we missed is that after highest scoring move, next tiebreaking criteria is number of cautions (before last point). Sakshi had been cautioned once and hence was losing at that time. 

19 minutes ago, Dolby said:

I asked @MHSN about it and he has clarified. What we missed is that after highest scoring move, next tiebreaking criteria is number of cautions (before last point). Sakshi had been cautioned once and hence was losing at that time. 

in case of tie so the criteria order is 1.highest scoring move 2.least number of cautions 3. wrestler who scored the last point

India Clinches Three Medals at World Doubles Championship!

Dipika and Saurav Ghosal (XD) won the silver medal, whilst Joshna Chinappa / Harinder Pal Sandhu (XD) and Pallikal / Chinappa (WD) bagged bronze each at World Doubles Championship 2016.

Proud of these players and hope squash is inducted into Olympics before we loose the best squash players...

Tokyo - 2020

Go India Go

The Cuban guy(Ramirez) who defeated shiva thapa in 1st round went on to win gold.... such a unlucky 1st round match for thapa even though he is ranked in top 5....

I thought Shiva is our best bet but he was literally toyed by Cuban guy....... even vikas krishnan got pounded by uzbek guy.... its pity that boxing has gone backwards thanks to internal pollitics

loss of final medal chance in yogeswar dutt is exact indication of india performance in this olympics........ so much of promise but no medals to show 

Now officially yogeshwar is out... the mongolian lost to russian in QF

Edited by Madhusudhan
update

The whole situation of indian sport after olympics is a lot of negatives and very few positives while its a vice versa for other nations. 

We will never be a good at sports until wrong people are incharge of our sports, until political leaders who dont know shit about sports are sitting at the top as authority.

Sometime its a very shameful feeling when u see a nation like ivory coast and jordan who might not have 10% of population which we do is having a gold medal and we dont.

We only have jitu rai after narang and bindra, none of the male wretlers even felt like giving a competition to others.

Boxers even failed to qualify in numbers.

Hockey seems to progressing a bit but a lot of work is required to be done, womens archery is not doing that well.

Athletics is still the same as it was 10 years ago as no major athlete who can reach the world class level was seen in this olympics.

Only few positives were deepa karmakar, atanu das, datta , sindhu, srikanth, mens doubles pair, women wrestling.

Its time for getting back to the drawing board because its a lot of a mess to be cleared before tokyo 2020