website statistics

India National Thread

gvaisakh

37 minutes ago, nitinsanker said:

guys 3 days to go :clap:......... We have the largest team ever in ...................

what would be the best case scenario according to you ? 

for me ........ 10 medals and a gold( by abhinav )  is the best case scenario including dipa and the hockey team to  medal ( I am just crazy about the impossible girl)......dil maange more :yikes:....I am not even thinking of the worst case scenerio 

The Olympics actually start tomorrow with football matches...

22 minutes ago, nitinsanker said:

Mixed doubles .....with so many pull outs ......bryans , federer , any news on the seeds for mixed doubles ????

Sania/Bopanna would have combined ranking of 11. The only possible pairs with lower CR are Spain (Nadal/Muguruza) and 2 French pairs (all 4 of Garcia, Mladenovic, Mahut and Herbert are in top 5). So, I think, we would be seeded 4th. Suddenly medal seems a real possibility. 

1 hour ago, nitinsanker said:

guys 3 days to go :clap:......... We have the largest team ever in ...................

what would be the best case scenario according to you ? 

for me ........ 10 medals and a gold( by abhinav )  is the best case scenario including dipa and the hockey team to  medal ( I am just crazy about the impossible girl)......dil maange more :yikes:....I am not even thinking of the worst case scenerio 

I go with you for the best case scenario 8-10. Shooting: 2 ( any one from abinav, gagan,jitu, sandhu and 1 more hopefully from others) Wrestling: 2, Archery, Badminton, Tennis, Hockey 1 each. But gold in shooting will be tough ask, but we cannot rule it out as anything can happen in the given day.

1 hour ago, Dolby said:

Sania/Bopanna would have combined ranking of 11. The only possible pairs with lower CR are Spain (Nadal/Muguruza) and 2 French pairs (all 4 of Garcia, Mladenovic, Mahut and Herbert are in top 5). So, I think, we would be seeded 4th. Suddenly medal seems a real possibility. 

nadal  may pullout due to  injury 

strength does not come from physical capacity but from an indomitable will. - Gandhi

2 minutes ago, Dolby said:

I think he will try and play Mixed Doubles. Less stress and more chance of a medal. 

That makes sense from his perspective .....not good for indian pair though :mumble:

strength does not come from physical capacity but from an indomitable will. - Gandhi