website statistics

India National Thread

gvaisakh

As usual, good work @gvaisakh. I hope you will continue to give daily predictions/assessments at least. :)

Regarding arguments, completely agree. With the huge increase in members, some friction is bound to happen. Already we had some heated discussions regarding Tennis and Wrestling. During Olympics, passion would be higher, so number and level of arguments is bound to increase. 

I, personally, follow some rules to minimize the arguments I am part of. I am sharing them here, so others may follow it if they want.

1) Ignore users who I find biased, bigoted, silly or just looking for trouble. Luckily, I don't find any such users in Indian community but there are a couple in the forum. So, I only reply to them with fact and never with opinion. I even try and avoid posting about those users' countries as much as possible. 

2) Limit number of posts on a particular topic. If I find that an argument is going on for a long time, I tend to stop posting about it even if the discussion has been civil.

3) Assume that other users are not idiots, are genuine sports fans and have no malice. 

4) When in a real bad mood, just log off. 

I follow these rules because I don't see any benefit from participating in arguments here from a strictly Return On Investment point of view. 

Also, I would like to give one more advice to some of the new users, post in other threads as well. It will improve your experience here. 

Couple more things to add to what @Dolby said

1) Be active in other threads also.. Don't confine to Indian National Thread alone

2) I am sure everyone will be glued to TV or online streaming when an event happens.. So no need to post minute by minute update

Nothing related to doping which may happen in athletics will surprise me. The kind of improvement some of the athletes showed in a short period is staggering. Too good to be true or happen in a clean environment. :) 

Edited by sameerph

Promising Indian shooter Manavaditya Rathore on Sunday won the trap bronze medal in the 'Champion of Champions' match at the Junior World Cup in Porpetto, Italy.:clap::thumbup:

While Manavaditya, son of Athens Olympics silver medallist Rajyavardhan Singh Rathore, won the bronze in trap event, Anant Naruka bagged a bronze in 'Champion of Champions' battle in skeet.

'Champion of Champions' battle is where the medallists of the three Junior World Cups of the year compete against each other.

5 minutes ago, Prashanth said:

Good effort by the U18 basketball team. They should build a strong team from lower level to have a good senior team. Junior strength is the best n only solution to have a good senior team in any game.

Senior team is performing poorly in William Jones Cup,lost all their matches.But they had a good 2015,hope they will bounce back.