website statistics

India National Thread

gvaisakh

14 hours ago, nitinsanker said:

what kind of international success do we expect when there is no association no govt funding etc..............

( whether the scoring patterns are accurate etc is a different matter ............... ans of course they should changed)  ...our boxers are doing badly not because of the scoring patterns or conspiracy theory but because we have had no assoc or funding ..... some boxers like shiva,  vikas, sumit  and manoj are funded by OGQ...so will do well but others are in bad state  ......we will have a maximum of 2-3 quota places in boxing ...........

That was the whole point! Power hungry officials have screwed the sport which could have been easily flourishing right now.

Edited by Vaibhav (minchu)

12 hours ago, nitinsanker said:

awesome just 3 kg below his own record in the 77 kg category ...this would be around 12-15 best in the world in 2015 ........which is great score ...... I am sure he can try to cross 340 in the olympics which if he does means he can come in the top 10 which for mens weightlifting would be a great result ....................any news on how vikas thakur did in the 85 I felt he was doing very well too 

Vikas was brilliant too. He broke his own NR of 154 kg in snatch by a unit more. No information on his overall score. I am guessing he might have missed out very narrowly to Satish. 

32 minutes ago, Vaibhav (minchu) said:

That was the whole point! Power hungry officials have screwed the sport which could have been easily flourishing right now.

7+1 quotas in 2012 ------->1( maybe 1-2 more from baku ) in 2016 .................. Thanks to Abhay Chautala desperation to have another source of political influence .....

I wish our Politicians   would stay out of sports :wall:

strength does not come from physical capacity but from an indomitable will. - Gandhi

I think we do much better with   sportspeople  at the head ...currently we have a few 

Raninder Singh - President heading the NRAI - he was a world class shooter and recently he won the Trap competition at the National 

Adil sumariwalla - President heading AFI -     Olympic runner 1980- Indian record holder 100m forsome time 

are there any other ??? ......... I think these two are the better  federations ( see the results of quotas ) 

strength does not come from physical capacity but from an indomitable will. - Gandhi

28 minutes ago, kavitachoudhary89 said:

Also means that Wawrinka and Bencic are not playing !!!! Though, mixed doubles decisions can always change at the last minute...

And Nadal/Lopez are playing while Nadal/Muruguzza is also a strong possibility...

Edited by kapil857

This is so unfair. There should be some criteria for playing doubles and mixed doubles tennis at Olympics. Singles players will easily dominate the regular doubles players.

Criteria like considering only doubles rank to play in doubles. Why should singles rank be considered