Jump to content

Welcome to Totallympics, the home of Olympic Sports!

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to other members, get your own private messenger, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Login | Create an Account


gvaisakh

India National Thread | Road to Tokyo 2020

Recommended Posts

Prashanth    32

We need to win with kazakh or Philippines to loose to Jordan, but would face Iran in QF which is the sad part...hope we get ranking points from this tournament and climb the rankings.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Prashanth    32

Happy for Aditi mostly her 1st T10 finish in European tour. She now climbs the world ranking to 359...hope she finishes in top 300 or 250 in her rookie year....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Prashanth    32

India needs some push with someone pushing up in women's tennis. Ankita Raina lone in top 300 n moving slowly up..She needs to push soon up.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ritesh    0

congrats Devendra for 2nd gold in paralympic and WR. Rinku came 5th. Sundar(DNS) did not reach stadium on time.

 

Edited by ritesh

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Govind    9
14 hours ago, shrikant said:

http://m.eonline.com/news/794301/simone-biles-releases-a-statement-regarding-drug-testing-leak

 

Wada showing its color... anyways might is always right..simone biles was tested positive but no action

 

Does it mean that Sania Mirza & Rohan Bopanna pair from Tennis and Dipa Karmakar from Gymnast will be awarded Bronze ? Just Curious .. Who will prove that they have take drugs..

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Govind    9
10 hours ago, Steve_RP said:

Devendra Jhajharia Wins Javelin Gold At Rio Paralympics

:clap:

 

Congrats Devendra :bowdown:!!!  Paralympians They are real motivators .. If you are feeing sad and worried for something .. Just go to You tube search for RIO 2016 Paralympics.. Then You can achieve anything in this world:d

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Dolby    161
3 minutes ago, Govind said:

 

Does it mean that Sania Mirza & Rohan Bopanna pair from Tennis and Dipa Karmakar from Gymnast will be awarded Bronze ? Just Curious .. Who will prove that they have take drugs..

 

No, Simone Biles and Venus Williams are not going to be stripped of their medals. As Simone said, she had prior permission from WADA to take her medication (containing banned substance) due to her condition (ADHD). In theory at least, these exemptions are available to any athlete who can prove that s/he has an underlying condition and needs medication for that. Also, I hope, they need to show that other medications (without the banned substance) can't work. This exemption could be time bound (when an athlete is recovering from surgery/injury) or long term (I am assuming that Biles has a long term exemption). Legally speaking, I think, they have broken no law and hence, there is no chance of ban or stripping of medals. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Steve_RP    3
7 minutes ago, Dolby said:

No, Simone Biles and Venus Williams are not going to be stripped of their medals. As Simone said, she had prior permission from WADA to take her medication (containing banned substance) due to her condition (ADHD). In theory at least, these exemptions are available to any athlete who can prove that s/he has an underlying condition and needs medication for that. Also, I hope, they need to show that other medications (without the banned substance) can't work. This exemption could be time bound (when an athlete is recovering from surgery/injury) or long term (I am assuming that Biles has a long term exemption). Legally speaking, I think, they have broken no law and hence, there is no chance of ban or stripping of medals. 

ur assessment is spot on...but the same Russian hackers have stated that there are more exposes to follow....

So, the issue is far from over

Plus, the same group of hackers have stated that they have lots of data to show how doping is rampant even in the US..

So, lets expect fireworks

Edited by Steve_RP

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Dolby    161
7 minutes ago, Steve_RP said:

ur assessment is spot on...but the same Russian hackers have stated that there are more exposes to follow....

So, the issue is far from over

Plus, the same group of hackers have stated that they have lots of data to show how doping is rampant even in the US..

So, lets expect fireworks

Expecting fireworks: Yes

Expecting medals: No

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


×