website statistics

India National Thread

gvaisakh

Its too sad that we want every indian participating in olympics win gold while nobody is even interested how these sportsperson have qualified for Olympics... Nobody follows sports till olympics except cricket where the cricketers servant is getting higher salary than some of our sportsperson... Check Saina then Indian men Hockey... they got some push and they are doing good... while deepika kumari win world cup ... creates world record .. at that time somewhere near obituary we find this news and she may be given Rs 50000 as inaaam.... suddenly in olympics billion eyes will focus on this poor girl who never got importance for her past work and now we want her to get only gold...

Anyways point is simple and easy... in this forum too I have seen sports lover posting indian athletes updates irrespective of events and are regularly updated ... This also helps us to monitor our sportsperson progress... while some are here only for olympics... Olympics is not everything and if we need to make it everything then give importance to all of there success too... 

8 minutes ago, Steve_RP said:

No Indian athlete has a better temperament than Bindra....Hockey defeat was also not bcz of temperament issues.....wierd accidental deflection....its luck.....

You are absolutely right. Both are pure luck its not about temperament. Shoot off is like a lottery. Common guys dont get upset. It will not go worser than this.

9 minutes ago, Steve_RP said:

No Indian athlete has a better temperament than Bindra....Hockey defeat was also not bcz of temperament issues.....wierd accidental deflection....its luck.....

Thats wat is weird it was a guranteed medal till the second last shot where bindra slipped to 4th it was luck that he managed to somehow tie the score nd go for shootout. Who know if bindra wud have survived he might hav gon to win it as well. It might be luck but we need some morale boosting performance

2 minutes ago, Hazique said:

Thats wat is weird it was a guranteed medal till the second last shot where bindra slipped to 4th it was luck that he managed to somehow tie the score nd go for shootout. Who know if bindra wud have survived he might hav gon to win it as well. It might be luck but we need some morale boosting performance

thats sports.....He would have nailed in any other day...today was'nt his day..normally with Bindra, he becomes more meticulous with each passing shot.....ends brilliantly....u need a bit of luck to go ur way...wasn't his day..... especially in high precision sports like shooting and archery...

56 minutes ago, shrikant said:

Its too sad that we want every indian participating in olympics win gold while nobody is even interested how these sportsperson have qualified for Olympics... Nobody follows sports till olympics except cricket where the cricketers servant is getting higher salary than some of our sportsperson... Check Saina then Indian men Hockey... they got some push and they are doing good... while deepika kumari win world cup ... creates world record .. at that time somewhere near obituary we find this news and she may be given Rs 50000 as inaaam.... suddenly in olympics billion eyes will focus on this poor girl who never got importance for her past work and now we want her to get only gold...

Anyways point is simple and easy... in this forum too I have seen sports lover posting indian athletes updates irrespective of events and are regularly updated ... This also helps us to monitor our sportsperson progress... while some are here only for olympics... Olympics is not everything and if we need to make it everything then give importance to all of there success too... 

I totally agree with your posting sir, Many of them started blaming about the sports person when they fail on that day at Olympics .... No body cares to know what they achieved previously before coming to Olympics.  This adds frustration when we talk to them about this Olympic sports.. that's why makes me to get more frustrated, Though I am following Olympics from Sydney 200, I am new to this forum ..I got it while I am searching something in google. I really know where moved from Sydney 2000 to RIO 2016. 

Though we won many medal at Olympics after Sydney 2000, for me, Still Boxer Dingko Singh is hero for me.

For me, my best loved athletics should not fail at Olympics after achieving everything before. Because they will get the things that they deserved only after the Olympic medal. That's the way we treat our Athletics.

So I am showing the frustration here as I know that every one here is Understandable crowd. 

surprisingly, i find this forum rather quiet now than during London.....

It was way more active in terms of posts during Commonwealth and Asian games

We used to have some really heated arguments...

Edited by Steve_RP

I know everyone is disappointed with India not winning any medal till now (loosing one or two very closely).... I feel India have some more chances in badminton, shooting, wrestling and also may be in tennis and boxing...... hoping for the best:d