website statistics

India National Thread

gvaisakh

@Kiruphagaran That is called branding...Even after ISL majority of the Indians would struggle to name 3-4 Indian names. Take any sports all we have 2-3 names in all events and rest are not showcased. That is why we have people like Jwala trying her best to get into limelight. Force people to know you, Make yourself more present in social media, Be more presentable. Try to market yourself then only people will know you. Because only Sachin, Dhoni or Kohli have been top brands so they are role models and rest of the people only in books..

Tokyo - 2020

Go India Go

21 minutes ago, Kiruphagaran said:

I agree with you Guys. But our problem starts outside sports. We are dependent on our parents for too long and most of us are spoon fed. But when you look at western countries they are more independent from their teenage. But now its changing in our country as well. And we should develop a sporting culture and sports science. We say we are super power in cricket but we have not produced a world class allrounder after kapil dev. When you ask kids they will say I want to become a sachin or dhoni but they will not say i want to become a zaheer or kumble.

Cheer up guys/gals, the games have not yet started but here cenotaphs are written. No system is perfect. But most of us can see change taking place in the positive direction, maybe the pace needs to be accelerated. Our sportspersons are given much more support than earlier including sport psychologists. Never before, plans were made 2 yrs in advance. 125 crores are spent. There will always be bad day at the office in sports and real life. Its only that vulnerability has to be reduced as much as possible. Be positive. Medal or no medals, what is important is how much heart was put in. The journey itself is a reward. I'm sure we will get 10 medals this summer olympics. Cheers.

Edited by Reddy

4 minutes ago, Prashanth said:

@Kiruphagaran That is called branding...Even after ISL majority of the Indians would struggle to name 3-4 Indian names. Take any sports all we have 2-3 names in all events and rest are not showcased. That is why we have people like Jwala trying her best to get into limelight. Force people to know you, Make yourself more present in social media, Be more presentable. Try to market yourself then only people will know you. Because only Sachin, Dhoni or Kohli have been top brands so they are role models and rest of the people only in books..

1 minute ago, Reddy said:

Cheer up guys/gals, the games have not yet started but here cenotaphs are written. No system is perfect. But most of us can see change taking place in the positive direction, maybe the pace needs to be accelerated. Our sportspersons are given much more support than earlier including sport psychologists. Never before, plans were made 2 yrs in advance. 125 crores are spent. There will always be day day at the office in sports and real life. Its only that vulnerability has to be reduced as much as possible. Be positive. Medal or no medals, what is important is how much heart was put in. The journey itself is a reward. I'm sure we will get 10 medals this summer olympics. Cheers.

Thumbs Up. We are moving in the right direction.

5 minutes ago, Reddy said:

Cheer up guys/gals, the games have not yet started but here cenotaphs are written. No system is perfect. But most of us can see change taking place in the positive direction, maybe the pace needs to be accelerated. Our sportspersons are given much more support than earlier including sport psychologists. Never before, plans were made 2 yrs in advance. 125 crores are spent. There will always be bad day at the office in sports and real life. Its only that vulnerability has to be reduced as much as possible. Be positive. Medal or no medals, what is important is how much heart was put in. The journey itself is a reward. I'm sure we will get 10 medals this summer olympics. Cheers.

:yes:yes.

Lets postpone this discussion for a later date...time to gear up

Edited by Steve_RP

20 minutes ago, Prashanth said:

Sachin , Dhoni and Kohli are all performers. Branding follows their performance.

All those 2-3 people you are talking about are known for their performance. They have reached some kind of benchmark in their performance. Branding is secondary. Negative branding are outliers where some people hog limelight for wrong reasons just like Dutie Chand ( gender confusion ) , Narsingh Yadav ( Controversy ) , XXXX ( Doping ) , Jwala (Outspoken words on media), etc.

1 hour ago, Prashanth said:

Its a blessing in disguise or pure luck, Deepika has landed in a best possible draw I feel with TPE girl in QF and Choi in SF. This should be ideal chance for her to get in the final 4....

You just relieved me with this post, mate!!! I was feeling flustered with what happened yesterday.