website statistics

India National Thread

gvaisakh

51 minutes ago, tirtha22 said:

I saw in Totallympics that Fatma El Shernoubi of Egypt received wild card in womens 1500 m athletics. Egypt also has 4 more participants in athletics. Can you explain what kind of quota is that?

Asked it in athletics thread

9 minutes ago, Joseph said:

Narsingh Yadav is currently ranked no.3 in FILA World Rankings.What are his chances of winning a medal guys?

His chances are very good. He won a bronze in the world championships. If the draw is good, he could go one step better. Beating the great Jordan Burroughs would be very difficult.

56 minutes ago, tirtha22 said:

I saw in Totallympics that Fatma El Shernoubi of Egypt received wild card in womens 1500 m athletics. Egypt also has 4 more participants in athletics. Can you explain what kind of quota is that?

Universality quota. No Egyptian women qualified and hence they were eligible for one quota in women's section.

11 hours ago, Suneet said:

Updated start list in weightlifting

http://www.iwf.net/wp-content/uploads/downloads/2016/08/Rio2016_List-of-Athletes-by-Event_Updated_01082016.pdf

China added Meng Suping (instead of their 48kg weightlifter)!

Mirabai's chances improve, right? @nitinsanker

Thats Big bro ..................... significantly makes  a difference between a medal and coming 4th because any day the chinese would have beaten mirakhom ...............

Currently if you look at the last couple of years records comparing with mirakhoms olympic trial weight of 192 with the rest............... There is no PRK and CHN .. which means there are only two 48 kg weightlifters who have beaten that weight JPN hiroke( 194 )  and VIE  Voung ( 193) ...from that angle she is a medal hopful but the INA Agustiani ( 191 ) and TPE Chen with ( 191 ) are also lifting almost in the same range ........but the lady who worries me the most is Thanasan of THA she has come down from a 53 weight and has lifted 210 last year and thailand have preferred her over khamsri panida who has been lifting 194 herself ...so she is going to be I am sure in medal contention and more KAZ margarita also has come down one weight class she has been lifting 202 in 53 weight category but I am sure will come down at least 10-12 kgs so she will also be at 190 or so I feel and also UKR paratova whoi has lifted 200 but is coming down to the lower weight class which mean she would also lose at least 10-12 kgs and be at 185-190....

so this is the super pool ........IND, JPN, VIE, INA,TPE, THA, KAZ, UKR ................... it can be anybodies game , I feel that THA Thanasan may be the GOLD medal prospect unless she has last minute weight issues and is weak............The fact that the CHI removed their weightlofter is possibly they figure that thanasan may be lifting above theirs or very close where they may not win a gold...remember china get only 4 lifters in women and they would hope for 4 Gold ........................The rest will be depending on their performance on the day ....a medal upto silver is possible by Mirakhom now that the chinese has moved out  ...... I feel a 194-195 lift will medal her which is well within her capability ................

Interesting shiva s weigtht category is the slimmest with just 13 ...of course he cannot medal but he can look to come in the top 8 which is a good result for him .......KAZ, EGY, ARM, THA, PRK , CHN will surely beat him but he can beat the rest on his day so a top  8 is possible with this draw .......

good final list on the whole in weight lifiting ...............

strength does not come from physical capacity but from an indomitable will. - Gandhi

17 hours ago, Partha_SG said:

That depends on the amount too.

As expected, Narsingh has to undergo another test before he is cleared for Rio. 

To ensure the drug isn’t there in his body any more, Narsingh will have to go through another dope test.
Only if he clears that will he be allowed to board the flight to Rio.

Source

21 minutes ago, Joseph said:

Inderjeet's dream almost over.:cry:Can we have a replacement?

No....In athletics its athletes quota....If we had more than 3 attained the mark then we could choose the best 3....Now its all over for him, Unless his conspiracy theory is proved. He is set to get 4 years of ban.

Tokyo - 2020

Go India Go