Genova           - Sumit plays in Rd2

Chicago          - Paes/Miguel moves into QF

BWF IDBI Federal Life Insurance Hyderabad Open 2018

ITF Futures

Tunisia  -

Thailand -

Tokyo - 2020

Go India Go

Kho Kho Federation of England (KKFE) had hosted a four-nation contest in London from September 1 to 4. Dubbed as the 1st International Kho Kho Cup, India, Scotland, Wales and hosts England took part in the tournament.

Edited by Prashanth

Tokyo - 2020

Go India Go

2 hours ago, sanjaydas said:

India has only 2 quotas after one week of competition. How many more will we get? Don't understand the hysteria behind the 18 medals. Almost 90% were won in junior category that doesn't translate into Olympic quotas.

But getting 2 so early is a good sign...These Juniors should be part of seniors next year and would try to get max quota possible. With World Cup in India and Asian Championships should get us more and world cup as it ends when top players already get them should help in getting more.

Tokyo - 2020

Go India Go

Indians in Action Today

Shooting World Championships

Omega European Masters Golf

T9    SSP Chawrasia

Lacoste Ladies Open de France Golf

T 44 A Ashok

ATP Challengers

Chicago          - Paes/Miguel moves into Finals

BWF IDBI Federal Life Insurance Hyderabad Open 2018

MS   - Sammer,Gurusaidutt play in SF

MD  - Satwik/Chirag,Arun/Sanyam play in SF

XD   - Pranaav/Sikki play in SF

Tokyo - 2020

Go India Go

4 hours ago, sanjaydas said:

India has only 2 quotas after one week of competition. How many more will we get? Don't understand the hysteria behind the 18 medals. Almost 90% were won in junior category that doesn't translate into Olympic quotas.

My estimate for this championships was 2-3 quotas. So, am happy with the 2. We should have full team in Rifle and Pistol in Tokyo. With 2-4 in Shotgun events. Shooting has a long qualification schedule. We have ample chances to qualify. 

My take on the situation in the world shooting championship 

WOOOOOOW - the reason I see that in the last 3 world championships our medals were 2in -2006 , 3in 2010 and 2 in  2014 , so to suddenly to be at 20 is amazing ........

Quota Seats

my predication was 3-5 quotas so a little behind on that ......, but already got 2 quota seats   ( still have a long shot in 25m rapid )  and twice the finalists compared to last time ( 4 already with close shots in 3 other events vs 2 last time ) .......

The depth of talent that I saw tells me with 2 seats at New delhi in all sports and also 3-4 quotas  in the asian championship ( added plus - china and korea have done well as well in this championship so less competition in these events  )   - we should have no problem I feel at least in the 10m and 25 m events in pistol and rifle to get two qualifications , also possibly at least 1 in trap both women and men and in  rapid as well as 3 position .... skeet we still need to see ........ but that shoudl be around 8 starters in the 4 10m events , also 7-9  quotas  in the remaining 7 events put together - trap - both mens and womens , 3 position men and womens , 25m rapid, skeet I have no clue let us see the juniors  

2019 ISSF World Cup # 1 February 20–28, 2019 India New Delhi

2019 ISSF World Cup # 4 April 23 – May 1, 2019 China Beijing

2019 ISSF World Cup # 6 May 25 – June 1, 2019 Germany Munich

2019 Asian Shooting Championships November 3–11, 2019 Qatar Doha

Talent on display 

mindboggling  

saurabh in the 10m pistals junior shot better then the seniors in the total , he has broken two world junior records and is just 16 

manisha keer seems to be a huge talent in an event we are not good at which is womens trap 

Mens junior trap team came seond and vivaan  and elahi seem to be world class 

hriday hazarika in 10m rifle 

panwar and shreya in team 10m junior showed class 

elvanil is superb 

do note that manu and abhishek and some of the others who are just at the junior level are already shooting at the senior level , so much talent equivalent to at least 20 possible abhinav bindras who was also a child prodigy .................. this depth of talent will lead to a gret future ....rermember sania and sidhu did well at the world juniros , so did sushil and yogi ........... so let us not dismiss this performance as just juniors as they are truly going to be world class in the next couple of years and this is a good indicator of how good they are 

Edited by nitinsanker

strength does not come from physical capacity but from an indomitable will. - Gandhi