website statistics

India National Thread

gvaisakh

2 hours ago, nitinsanker said:

Just little irritated by stupid Bahrain and Qatar ......

They just import people from Nigeria and Kenya and then win cheap medals ......... 

Why people don't complain?

37 minutes ago, Reddy said:

Why people don't complain?

They give them nationality ....... similar cases for some of the European countries even in world cup football .... you have to be nationalised within a certain period of time 

strength does not come from physical capacity but from an indomitable will. - Gandhi

By the bye the way the Indian team is doing we should beat the very best in asin games  we have done  in total medal count at least , my prediction is more than 75  medals at least which is by far the best we have ever done 

Edited by nitinsanker

strength does not come from physical capacity but from an indomitable will. - Gandhi

8 hours ago, sasidhar said:

Both Men's team and women's team are through to the finals in compound team event and both are facing south korea in finals..

When will Compound Archery be in the Olympics. The authorities should replace recurve with compound archery; then we can get medls at the Olympics.

1 hour ago, sanjaydas said:

Medals are decreasing in Shooting, Wrestling, Boxing (Maybe), Rowing. Where we have realistics chances of winning Olympic medals

Actually medals have increased in shooting ( last time we had team events - this time we did not have )

1. shooting -  if you consider individual medals ( which is what the olympics is about ) - last time we won just 4 medals last time in olympic events at the asian games -  1 gold ( jitu ) , 3 bronzes -  abhinav , chain and shweta ....... This time we have won 8 in olympics ( leave out the double trap medal ) ....... so we have doubled the medal prospects........... and also we have many 4 and 5s compared to last time and in most shooting events  we had 2 finalists which is a good sign  ......

2. Wrestling though we have reduced the medals we have won two really high quality golds ....... at low weights these are truly world class because asian standards are high  - so I would say our chances are same 

3. Rowing - How are you saying we got less medals in rowing ? - last time we had just 3 bronzes , this time 1 gold and 2 bronzes it is a better performance , but this is not a sport where we have a hope in hell of an olympic medal

4. Atheletics -   also the atheletics performances have been world class in this asian games - Hima 50.x would have been a 6th position in the last olympics  and so would tejinders  20.7 ...both these are world class ......hoping for more in atheletics ....this time I am expecting not less than 6-7 golds in atheletics ...last time we jsut had 2 ...also it is not just the medla but it at what level the medla is ... this time many of our performances are of world standard in atheltics ...I feel we may have 5-6 world class atheletic perfomances especially in the 4*400 relays and hopefully neeraj 

5. Badminton - Last time only one bronze - This time already both women  in semis ...keeping my fingers crossed ...but both are world class and we never know when kidambis form would awaken 

6. weightlifiting - mirakhom was injured but she is the reigning world champion so would be an olympic prospect 

7. Hockey - both men and women are playing the best I have ever seen them play till now - so with improvement they can also do something 

8. Boxing - This has been extremely saddening till now especially shiva and gauravs loss - I am still hoping that this is an aberration - so fingers crossed - maybe we can look at this towards the end of the games 

9. archery - yes very poor , at this rate no realistic olympic chances 

10. tennis doubles - mens - we did well here and this is the only event we have had an olympic chance - In mixed -  Sania has been injured and not playing here otherwise a mixed doubles gold could have been on the cards , in the olympics though that is very dicey 

so 10 sports is not bad were we have some medals hopes 

Actually I have been thrilled with the performance of the olympic sports teams here - we will end up at closs to 75 medals overall and 15 golds I hope which would our best ever asian games performance 

7 hours ago, sanjaydas said:

When will Compound Archery be in the Olympics. The authorities should replace recurve with compound archery; then we can get medls at the Olympics.

Compound archery is not as famous as recurve archery to many countries.Maybe it is y they didn't introduce it even Commonwealth games are not playing it.