website statistics

India National Thread

gvaisakh

We won 66 medals. This is without Judo and with Weightlifting medals handed out for the total and not separately for Snatch and Clean & Jerk. Also, there are no medals for pairs in Shooting. Hockey  remains a problem.

hace 3 horas, sanjaydas said:

We won 66 medals. This is without Judo and with Weightlifting medals handed out for the total and not separately for Snatch and Clean & Jerk. Also, there are no medals for pairs in Shooting. Hockey  remains a problem.

Is india good in judo? I can't remember any indian judoka close to top level. 

Weightlifting medals awarded for total is  the correct way, and what you see at almost all other games.

57 minutes ago, LDOG said:

Weightlifting medals awarded for total is  the correct way, and what you see at almost all other games.

India is nowhere close to top in Judo but as far as I remember we used to win couple of medals at CWG. Regarding Weightlifting medals, it’s not a complaint but comparison with previous CWGs where separate medals were given and it inflated our tally.

8 hours ago, LDOG said:

India won 4-5 medals in the last CWG in judo.

I meant to say in spite of all these, our tally is at 66 - 2 more than 2014

i am thrilled with Indias performance at the CWG....this has been the best multi game event for me till date .......

what stood out was the fighting attitude shown by Indians at every stage , in every sport ( barring hockey ) ....... fearless never say die attitude including so many NR in atheletics and Swimming....... 

But that being said if we want medals at the olympics......... what matters is not CWG or even asian games though these are good milestones to look at India overall ..... but total number of medals in world championships in the two years before the olympics .... I remember as per this  forum list the total world championship medallists for India were only I think 4 before Rio .... I in shooting  , 1 in boxing  and 1 in wrestling and one in badminton....... we ended up with two finally .......... though we were excrutiatingly close in shooting ( 4th ) and had one QF with vikas 

we need to have at least 10-15 medallists to be assured of bettering Londons count  ........ so let us see ..........

Edited by nitinsanker

strength does not come from physical capacity but from an indomitable will. - Gandhi

On 14/04/2018 at 11:26, sanjaydas said:

The best upward movement in the CWG is Table Tennis. We are competing with the Singaporeans with ease.

I actually think that compared to 2014

our boxing has improved tremendously also 3-3-3 instead of 0-4-1 and so has our shooting 7-4-5 instead of  4-9-4 

In atheletics also I was amazed that i n 2014 we had 8 Indians in finals and all in field and relays , this time we 14 including in track 

In swimming we had no finalists in 2014 in swimming ( non para ) ..... this time we had 2 and also one ninth .........

In badminton 1-1-2 but now that is 2-3-1 

strength does not come from physical capacity but from an indomitable will. - Gandhi

2018 SAFF Football Cup, Dhaka, Bangladesh

Group A

:NEP:PAK:BAN:BHU

Group B

:IND:MDV  :SRI

India’s fixtures in the 2018 SAFF Suzuki Cup follow below:

September 05, 2018: :IND vs :SRI 

September 09, 2018: :IND vs :MDV

The top two teams from each group will progress to the semi-finals, which are slated to kick-off on September 12, 2018.

Final is on 15th September

Edited by Prakash