Welcome to Totallympics, the home of Olympic Sports!

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to other members, get your own private messenger, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Login | Create an Account

Sign in to follow this  
OlympicIRL

Winter Olympic Games 2018 Official Day By Day Schedule

phelps    204
11 hours ago, dcro said:

So how many users (of these time zones) are planning to have all nighters for 16 days? Except @heywoodu and @hckosice which go without saying. :p

no, this time I'm not going for the night watch...

I hope, as I wrote before, to be able to manage the time difference through the on-demand features of the Eurosport Player for the European night events...

and I rely on my sat dish for the European day activity, which I'm gonna follow live, of course...

Agger    199
12 hours ago, dcro said:

So how many users (of these time zones) are planning to have all nighters for 16 days? Except @heywoodu and @hckosice which go without saying. :p

Sadly I'm a bit behind on my paper making it impossible for me. May do it once or twice if I feel there's too much on that day. Otherwise it's one event for breakfast, one for lunch and a couple during the evening to get up to date (and tons of highlights when I need to procrastinate! :p )

Edited by Agger

hckosice    1,014
7 hours ago, heywoodu said:

tonight I'm going for 21:00-04:00 or something like that :p

wait are you going to intentionally miss the Curling mixed opening ? :yikes:

heywoodu    1,652
4 minutes ago, hckosice said:

wait are you going to intentionally miss the Curling mixed opening ? :yikes:

Nope, I forgot to put that in my schedule :d 

Alright, way too early alarms, here we come, starting tomorrow. 

• Like 1

dcro    1,419

For me it's today. :lol: I'll watch one match (how long can mixed doubles last?) and then I'll go to sleep. :p

hckosice    1,014
1 minute ago, heywoodu said:

Nope, I forgot to put that in my schedule :d 

Alright, way too early alarms, here we come, starting tomorrow. 

Thanks god, In a second I really started to worry :d

• Haha 1

hckosice    1,014
1 minute ago, dcro said:

For me it's today. :lol: I'll watch one match (how long can mixed doubles last?) and then I'll go to sleep. :p

8 ends, +/- 2 hours :d

I'm relatively lucky in my timezone. I can watch the whole morning session after coming home from work. So I can watch half the Olympics without changing my sleep schedule. The major exception will be the opening ceremony...

Sindo    118

I am working for the Olympic Channel as a freelance and my daily shift is 4am-2pm :p

• Like 4

phelps    204
13 minutes ago, Sindo said:

I am working for the Olympic Channel as a freelance and my daily shift is 4am-2pm :p

wow! nice...:d

dcro    1,419
15 minutes ago, Sindo said:

What kind of work exactly? :p

Mkbw50    98
6 hours ago, phelps said:

being in Italy, of course I can't have access to the British Apps features...I can watch only the sat channels (I did enjoy so much the 8 BBC HD channels during the Rio Games...they were my primary source for watching the Olympic events normally ignored by the Italian TV)...

p.s. I don't recommend the Italian colour buttons' features to anybody...:facepalm:

I hope the Eurosport Player would do most of the job this time (but frankly I don't like its not so good picture quality...it's just a 720p stream with relatively low bitrate for my taste...I'm used to HDTV and/or Amazon/Netflix/US Sports Services' standard..so, you can imagine what's my opinion on this kind of things)...

BBC doesn't even have full rights any more. I ordered Eurosport for one month and then immediately cancelled, so I get the Games for 99p.