Jump to content

Welcome to Totallympics, the home of Olympic Sports!

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to other members, get your own private messenger, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Login | Create an Account


Sign in to follow this  
OlympicIRL

Winter Olympic Games 2018 Official Day By Day Schedule

Recommended Posts

hckosice    1,785

btw how big is the enthusiasm in your countries, are the populations eagerly awaiting the start of the games or the medias and general attentions are still somewhere around zero. For the majority of slovak "sport fans" the Olympics will start the 14th February at 21:10 so until then I expect a certain calm  :d thanks god my sport and Olympic appetite is much bigger so I just can not wait the start of the games

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
heywoodu    3,215
Just now, hckosice said:

btw how big is the enthusiasm in your countries, are the populations eagerly awaiting the start of the games or the medias and general attentions are still somewhere around zero. For the majority of slovak "sport fans" the Olympics will start the 14th February at 21:10 so until then I expect a certain calm  :d thanks god my sport and Olympic appetite is much bigger so I just can not wait the start of the games

 

Well it's pretty big in sports news, mostly the speed skating of course (and biathlon finally got a mention yesterday, because Bjoerndalen is in trouble and biathlon = Bjoerndalen and nothing else, if our media is to be believed). Among the population it's not like everyone is brimming with excitement or something, although on the main Dutch forum it's slowly starting to get a bit more busy in the sports threads with people other than those who normally watch them and post there anyway :p 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
OlympicIRL    993
1 hour ago, hckosice said:

btw how big is the enthusiasm in your countries, are the populations eagerly awaiting the start of the games or the medias and general attentions are still somewhere around zero. For the majority of slovak "sport fans" the Olympics will start the 14th February at 21:10 so until then I expect a certain calm  :d thanks god my sport and Olympic appetite is much bigger so I just can not wait the start of the games

 

Absolutely zero enthusiasm here in Ireland and zero coverage or attention from the media too.

Winter Olympics here sadly doesn't resonate with the population and I doubt anyone will be surprised to hear me say that :d

 

Edited by OlympicIRL

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Agger    387
2 hours ago, hckosice said:

btw how big is the enthusiasm in your countries, are the populations eagerly awaiting the start of the games or the medias and general attentions are still somewhere around zero. For the majority of slovak "sport fans" the Olympics will start the 14th February at 21:10 so until then I expect a certain calm  :d thanks god my sport and Olympic appetite is much bigger so I just can not wait the start of the games

 

Not much here in Denmark. A few mentions of the Danish athletes and also a bit attention to Bjørndalen, but other than that, nothing.

But then again. the summer games doesn't get much attention before the start (or a few days before).

Sadly I will not be able to go 100 % into following it, as I'm working on my final thesis, and will most likely not be able to cut out anything near 2 weeks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
hckosice    1,785
1 hour ago, OlympicIRL said:

 

Absolutely zero enthusiasm here in Ireland and zero coverage or attention from the media too.

Winter Olympics here sadly doesn't resonate with the population and I doubt anyone will be surprised to hear me say that :d

 

 

That´s really a shame :( Hopefully you´ll be able to find a way to somehow watch and enjoy the Olympics

 

1 hour ago, Agger said:

 

Not much here in Denmark. A few mentions of the Danish athletes and also a bit attention to Bjørndalen, but other than that, nothing.

But then again. the summer games doesn't get much attention before the start (or a few days before).

Sadly I will not be able to go 100 % into following it, as I'm working on my final thesis, and will most likely not be able to cut out anything near 2 weeks.

 

Well, it´s still a bit early, maybe in the next days the tension and interest will slowly raise in Denmark too.

Good luck with your thesis and hopefully you´ll also find in the meantime a moment or two to enjoy a bit the Olympics battles :yes

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
JoshMartini007    165

Athletes are still qualifying for the team so each time a sport announces a team there's a press release. Today it was the men's ice hockey team.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Agger    387
9 hours ago, hckosice said:

Well, it´s still a bit early, maybe in the next days the tension and interest will slowly raise in Denmark too.

Good luck with your thesis and hopefully you´ll also find in the meantime a moment or two to enjoy a bit the Olympics battles :yes

 

I honestly don't think so. People will without doubt follow the curling teams and biathlon has a growing interest, but I don't think most people will understand that something's happening before the games begin.

I will without doubt take time to follow the games. The good thing is that I'm best during the second half of the day and with the time zones, most of the important things (for me as Danish and Swedish) will end around 2 in the afternoon (a bit of ice hockey later than that, but that's about it). I will surely see something for breakfast and lunch, and if I've been effective the next month (well, a little less), I may also give myself a few full "days" :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
phelps    525
13 hours ago, hckosice said:

btw how big is the enthusiasm in your countries, are the populations eagerly awaiting the start of the games or the medias and general attentions are still somewhere around zero. For the majority of slovak "sport fans" the Olympics will start the 14th February at 21:10 so until then I expect a certain calm  :d thanks god my sport and Olympic appetite is much bigger so I just can not wait the start of the games

 

can I say: "below 0"? :cry::facepalm::wall:

as usual, here's only about football (it's open market season...our favourite sport...even better than the game played on the pitch itself :yikes::wall:)...

we were also the last Country to finalize an agreement between Discovery Group and our public TV for the FTA part of the Games (which will be just a disaster, as for the schedule released by RAI...by the way, not that the Eurosport coverage will be better...basically you have to subscribe their awful player to watch most of the things going on beside the main "Italian interest stuff" on Eusp1 and the Ice Hockey tournament on Eusp2)...

there's nothing to do...Winter Sports only interest a small part of the Country...and unfortunately it's also the side that doesn't count anything when it comes down to any "political" decision, public TV schedule included (because yes, here in Italy the public TV schedule is a political affair :yikes::(:facepalm::wall:)...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
heywoodu    3,215
8 minutes ago, phelps said:

 

can I say: "below 0"? :cry::facepalm::wall:

as usual, here's only about football (it's open market season...our favourite sport...even better than the game played on the pitch itself :yikes::wall:)...

we were also the last Country to finalize an agreement between Discovery Group and our public TV for the FTA part of the Games (which will be just a disaster, as for the schedule released by RAI...by the way, not that the Eurosport coverage will be better...basically you have to subscribe their awful player to watch most of the things going on beside the main "Italian interest stuff" on Eusp1 and the Ice Hockey tournament on Eusp2)...

there's nothing to do...Winter Sports only interest a small part of the Country...and unfortunately it's also the side that doesn't count anything when it comes down to any "political" decision, public TV schedule included (because yes, here in Italy the public TV schedule is a political affair :yikes::(:facepalm::wall:)...

At least I noticed quite some interest in by far my favourite part of Italy (you know, German-speaking Südtirol) :p 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
phelps    525
Just now, heywoodu said:

At least I noticed quite some interest in by far my favourite part of Italy (you know, German-speaking Südtirol) :p 

 

yeah...but that's another World if compared to the rest of Italy...

they speak another language, they have a different special statute and some different laws...

things there work a lot better than in the rest of the Country at any level...

I must confess...Bolzano/Bozen is the only other Italian place where I could imagine to live if I had to leave "my beloved Milan"...

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Gianlu33    892

I think that the 90% of the people of the mine region (Campania) never watched a winter event.. I live in the south of Italy and here the people doesn't know that this year will have the Winter Olympic...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
phelps    525
4 minutes ago, Gianlu33 said:

I think that the 90% of the people of the mine region (Campania) never watched a winter event.. I live in the south of Italy and here the people doesn't know that this year will have the Winter Olympic...

 

I guess it's more or less the same for all Regions from Emilia-Romagna going South, unfortunately...:(:facepalm::wall:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Sign in to follow this  

×