website statistics

Winter Olympic Games 2018 Official Day By Day Schedule

25 minutes ago, hckosice said:

I still can not believe that mens Ice hockey final is not the last event of the games.

Anyway another absolutely fantastic work Danny ! :)

Gotta catch the North American audiences (11pm-2am eastern) even if there's a good chance neither Canada nor USA reach the final.

19 hours ago, JoshMartini007 said:

Gotta catch the North American audiences (11pm-2am eastern) even if there's a good chance neither Canada nor USA reach the final.

yes, I immediately thought about it.

well, you know, everything can happen in hockey even more at the WOG. CAN may not be the biggest pre-tournament top favorite but no one should underestimated Canada in ice Hockey, It does not pay :d I´m pretty sure you´ll send a team that certainly will at the end be a true medal contender

First days are gonna be tough, my days will mostly consist of waking up around 02:00 and going to bed around 18:00...this will need some adjustment I think :d

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

btw how big is the enthusiasm in your countries, are the populations eagerly awaiting the start of the games or the medias and general attentions are still somewhere around zero. For the majority of slovak "sport fans" the Olympics will start the 14th February at 21:10 so until then I expect a certain calm  :d thanks god my sport and Olympic appetite is much bigger so I just can not wait the start of the games

Just now, hckosice said:

btw how big is the enthusiasm in your countries, are the populations eagerly awaiting the start of the games or the medias and general attentions are still somewhere around zero. For the majority of slovak "sport fans" the Olympics will start the 14th February at 21:10 so until then I expect a certain calm  :d thanks god my sport and Olympic appetite is much bigger so I just can not wait the start of the games

Well it's pretty big in sports news, mostly the speed skating of course (and biathlon finally got a mention yesterday, because Bjoerndalen is in trouble and biathlon = Bjoerndalen and nothing else, if our media is to be believed). Among the population it's not like everyone is brimming with excitement or something, although on the main Dutch forum it's slowly starting to get a bit more busy in the sports threads with people other than those who normally watch them and post there anyway :p 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

1 hour ago, hckosice said:

Absolutely zero enthusiasm here in Ireland and zero coverage or attention from the media too.

Winter Olympics here sadly doesn't resonate with the population and I doubt anyone will be surprised to hear me say that :d

Edited by OlympicIRL

2 hours ago, hckosice said:

Not much here in Denmark. A few mentions of the Danish athletes and also a bit attention to Bjørndalen, but other than that, nothing.

But then again. the summer games doesn't get much attention before the start (or a few days before).

Sadly I will not be able to go 100 % into following it, as I'm working on my final thesis, and will most likely not be able to cut out anything near 2 weeks.

1 hour ago, OlympicIRL said:

Absolutely zero enthusiasm here in Ireland and zero coverage or attention from the media too.

Winter Olympics here sadly doesn't resonate with the population and I doubt anyone will be surprised to hear me say that :d

That´s really a shame :( Hopefully you´ll be able to find a way to somehow watch and enjoy the Olympics

1 hour ago, Agger said:

Not much here in Denmark. A few mentions of the Danish athletes and also a bit attention to Bjørndalen, but other than that, nothing.

But then again. the summer games doesn't get much attention before the start (or a few days before).

Sadly I will not be able to go 100 % into following it, as I'm working on my final thesis, and will most likely not be able to cut out anything near 2 weeks.

Well, it´s still a bit early, maybe in the next days the tension and interest will slowly raise in Denmark too.

Good luck with your thesis and hopefully you´ll also find in the meantime a moment or two to enjoy a bit the Olympics battles :yes