website statistics

Winter Olympic Games 2018 Official Day By Day Schedule

9 hours ago, heywoodu said:

I guess it's different in Italy, since it's very good here. Plus it's absolutely dirt cheap in February, so even though many people here like to complain about ES and the player, it works absolutely perfect (at least here it does).

I think it's more about personal feeling...;)

the ES Player here works as good as in the rest of Europe (provided you have a good internet connection), but to me a 720p/5000kbps/25fps stream is not good enough...as I wrote before, I'm used to MLB.tv, NHL.tv, NFL GamePass, Amazon and Netflix streams...1080i/p and 60fps for sports streams are a "must" for me (I'm OK with lower fps rate only in movies and tv series, since they were born with that features)...

and I guess they also have some encoding problems, because the difference in the viewing experience between ES Player and the other services I mentioned above it's really too big (and not in favor of the ESP)...

about being cheap...there's no doubt about it...I got a 12-month offer for only 15€ :yikes::lol: (and here in Italy they also have our National Basketball Championship and the Euroleague as exclusive rights -actually our BB league also has a 1-game slot on our FTA public channel Raisport+, but that's just a marginal part of the whole tournament)...

Edited by phelps

Well then I do think there's a difference in quality, since the qualify here is basically the same as it's for Netflix or MLB.tv ;) 

If there even is a difference, it's as good as invisible. Even the HD on my TV is not better than what the ES Player is showing here, which is as clear as I could imagine. Oh well, the main thing: it's dirt cheap, great quality and shows an absolute shitload of stuff, so no complaints here.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

7 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

Well then I do think there's a difference in quality, since the qualify here is basically the same as it's for Netflix or MLB.tv ;) 

If there even is a difference, it's as good as invisible. Even the HD on my TV is not better than what the ES Player is showing here, which is as clear as I could imagine. Oh well, the main thing: it's dirt cheap, great quality and shows an absolute shitload of stuff, so no complaints here.

probably your TV is better than mine (it doesn't take that much...my TV is a old cheap model...I'm just waiting the big offer on the 2018 models later in the year to get a new 4K one :lol:;)) and adjusts the pictures more effectively...:d

I follow the Olympics obsessively, so I decided to build this database so I can track every event, every athlete, every medal, everything, myself! Thought you guys would enjoy as well.

https://airtable.com/universe/expVQXBTkrNGwdHTX/pyeongchang-olympics-2018-tracker

The scheduling of tomorrow is a total joke apart from other days , in 10 am local time we have ice dance , ski slope style and big air all in the same time , then we have only some curling and USA vs. Finland match till 8 pm local time , in a day with no many finals like this , it was really possible to divide qualifications over the whole period