website statistics

Tennis Australian Open 2018

Sindo

6 hours ago, crovitlaci said:

Marin already secured his best ranking ever, 3rd place from next week. :thumbup:

Respect about it! But this fact is due to ex-number 3 Grigor Dimitrov!

The bulgarian first tennis player is talanted, but he must be more perpetual in his wins!

:yes

Edited by avant1213

10 hours ago, Wanderer said:

I agree for Chung and Edmund, but Sandgren really has no business playing GS semifinals :d 

Still waiting for Zverev's GS breakthrough. It is getting frustrating for him now after all the success on the Tour and still without even GS QF. Also, Kyrgios was really unlucky witht the draw. 

He defeated 5th and 9th seeds and other 2 players who were higher seeds than him , so he deserved that place in quarters , I don't have high expectations for him and I see him as a one tournament break through , but who knows he might has another career after his success in Australia . Kyrgios for sorry doesn't have the mentality of being a GS champion and top 5 player , he should believe in him self and keep him self away of this controversy he tries always to make , just focus on tennis . 

1 minute ago, thepharoah said:

He defeated 5th and 9th seeds and other 2 players who were higher seeds than him , so he deserved that place in quarters , I don't have high expectations for him and I see him as a one tournament break through , but who knows he might has another career after his success in Australia . Kyrgios for sorry doesn't have the mentality of being a GS champion and top 5 player , he should believe in him self and keep him self away of this controversy he tries always to make , just focus on tennis . 

If Kyrgios has done anything this AO, it's fight his heart out on the court. I know he's been prone to controversey, but this was basically the worst tournament to mention that :d 

Way, way worse are people like Tomic.. 

Edited by heywoodu

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

4 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

If Kyrgios has done anything this AO, it's fight his heart out on the court. I know he's been prone to controversey, but this was basically the worst tournament to mention that :d 

Well he still has some controversial moments here :d in 1st round he shouted on a fan shut the fuck up and against Dimitrov on 1st 2 sets when he loses a point he look at his team and blame them for something related to strength of rackets almost in each point he loses , so he's still not focusing 100 % on court IMO

Edited by thepharoah

At the end most of what I suspected beforehand of the men's competition turned out right: Roger main candidate with a distance, Zverev & Thiem will flop, Dimitrov being a big candidate was laughable, Kyrgios good but not enough, Cilic had some chance to do something important (I had him as my 5th favorite :d ) 

Too bad. Federer's road to the final: Bedene, Struff, Gasquet (29), Fucsovics, Berdych (19), Chung (injured) :roflmao:

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Just now, crovitlaci said:

Fucsovics, Berdych and Chung.. This has to be the easiest draw for anyone ever to come to GS final.

These players defeated top players : Querrey , Delpo, Zverev, Novak , it's not Federer problem that these players failed to beat those easy oponents