website statistics

Which are your most memorable Sports moments of 2017?

hckošice

56 minutes ago, Dunadan said:

Tom Dumoulin during Giro d'Italia's stage 16...surely unforgettable!

This! :d

On another site I chose 3 highlights earlier:

1. Lowell Bailey winning individual gold at the biathlon world champs, after having decided to continue until the Olympics instead of retire and go bison farming (this plus Bailey being a total outsider instead of someone who often wins and being one of the most well-liked and friendly guys on the circuit)

2. Trinidad & Tobago beating out dominant USA in the men's 4x400m at the athletics world champs

3. Takuma Sato winning the Indy 500, Fernando Alonso having an epic debut

As worst moment and definitely a memorable one, I chose Usain Bolt's injury in his very last race. Like Bolt, don't like Bolt, but seeing a legend end his career in that way was most certainly....memorable. At least in my memory it dominated that race so much that I only last month realized I had already completely forgotten GBR won a historic gold in that 4x100 seconds later.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

From a Canadian perspective, Erik Guay and Manuel Osborne-Paradis finishing 1-3 in the Super-G at the World Championships.

From a neutral point of view, the British team winning the men’s 4x100m world title in front of their home crowd.

From a “I hate my life” point of view, the New England Patriots winning their fifth Super Bowl, the first one to ever go into overtime.

Edited by NearPup

definitely Federica Pellegrini's triumph over "the monster" Katie Ledecky in the 200m Freestyle at the Swimming Worlds...the only flash of light in the darkest and most difficult and depressing days of my life...

https://video-it.eurosport.com/nuoto/mondiali-di-nuoto/2017/video-il-video-dell-impresa-di-federica-pellegrini-oro-mondiale-nei-200-sl_vid993471/video.shtml

@hckosice

you know that your choice's hurting me so, soooo much!!!??? :cry::cry::cry::facepalm:

2 hours ago, phelps said:

definitely Federica Pellegrini's triumph over "the monster" Katie Ledecky in the 200m Freestyle at the Swimming Worlds...the only flash of light in the darkest and most difficult and depressing days of my life...

https://video-it.eurosport.com/nuoto/mondiali-di-nuoto/2017/video-il-video-dell-impresa-di-federica-pellegrini-oro-mondiale-nei-200-sl_vid993471/video.shtml

@hckosice

you know that your choice's hurting me so, soooo much!!!??? :cry::cry::cry::facepalm:

I´m really sorry for your pain :(

but well, if we don´t count Sagan´s 3rd consecutive World title, this is still the most memorable moment from last year, because I had it literally in my mind throughout the whole year :d

• 1 month later...