• Pursuit (m/w)
  • Individual (m/w)
  • Mass Start (m/w)
  • Team Relay (m/w/mixed)

Don't need to add single mixed relay.

Bobsleigh [4]

• Two-man/woman (m/w)
  • Four-man/woman (m/w)

Possible change: from crews with two people to monobobs.

Another idea is trying to create mixed competitions with changing pilots from run to run. Example for Two-mixed: 1st run: man is the pilot, woman is the pusher. 2nd run: woman is the pilot, man is the pusher et cetera.

Cross-Country Skiing [13]

• 15/10km Interval start (m/w)
  • 15+15/10+10 km Combined (2 race: 1st - interval start, 2nd - pursuit) (m/w)
  • 50/30km Mass-start (m/w)
  • 4x10/5km/2x5+2x10 Relay (m/w/mixed)
  • Individual Sprint (m/w)
  • Team Sprint (m/w)

Diffcult to say about styles with growing of double poling in classic races. 

Curling [3]

• Tournament (m/w/mixed)
  • Mixed Doubles (mixed)

Figure Skating [4]

• Singles (m/w)
  • Pairs (mixed)
  • Ice Dancing (mixed)
  • Team Event (mixed)

Freestyle Skiing [12]

• Aerials (m/w)
  • Moguls (m/w)
  • Halfpipe (m/w)
  • Slopestyle (m/w)
  • Ski Cross (m/w)
  • Big Air (m/w)

Possible change: from moguls to dual moguls.

Ice Hockey [2]

• Tournament (m/w)

Luge [4]

• Singles (m/w)
  • Doubles (m/w)
  • Team Relay (mixed)

Nordic Combined [4]

• Individual Normal Hill+10km/5km (m/w)
  • Individual Large Hill+10km (m)
  • Team Large Hill+4x5km Relay (m)

Later maybe more women's disciplines.

Short Track Speed Skating [10]

• 500m (m/w)
  • 1000m (m/w)
  • 1500m (m/w)
  • 3000m (m/w)
  • 5000m Relay (m/w)

5000m Relay for women instead of 3000m.

Skeleton [2]

• Singles (m/w)

Ski Jumping [5]

• Normal Hill (m/w)
  • Large Hill (m)
  • Large Hill Team (m)
  • Normal Hill Team (mixed)

Later maybe more women's disciplines.

Snowboarding [12]

• Halfpipe (m/w)
  • Slopestyle (m/w)
  • Big Air (m/w)
  • Giant Slalom (m/w)
  • Parallel Slalom (m/w)
  • Snowboard Cross (m/w)

Not parallel Giant Slalom.

Speed Skating [12]

• 500m (m/w)
  • 1000m (m/w)
  • 1500m (m/w)
  • 3000m (w)
  • 5000m (m/w)
  • 10,000m (m/w)
  • Mass Start (m/w)
  • Points Race (m/w)
  • Team Pursuit (m/w)

Bandy [2]

• Tournament (m/w)

Speed Skiing [2]

• Speed Skiing (m/w)

Downhill Ice cross [2]

• Cross (m/w)

Luge on natural track [3]

• Singles (m/w)
  • Doubles (m)

Freeride [4]

• Ski (m/w)
  • Snowboard (m/w)

Total medel events: 121 in 20 sports

21 horas atrás, De_Gambassi disse:

1) If you don't like it, don't watch it. That's really that simple.

2) And yes, the Olympics is a westerner thing. Borrn and breed here. No need for fake outragism.

1) As I said before, I would prefer the Winter Olympics never to happen, so I guess it's pretty clear I don't watch it. Tried my best to like it, but I just can't bring myself to.

2) Again, like I said before, the Winter Olympics are nothing but a lie, in my opinion. I'm sure a bunch of narrow-minded and delusional people organize the Winter Olympics, so it's not really surprising that the event is mostly ignored by half of the planet, even though it still seeks for integration (we all know it is a lie, but this is how things are branded).

Edited by thiago_simoes

20 horas atrás, phelps disse:

no, not at all (at least for what's up to me)...

it's the Games for those Countries with enough willingness of developing sports practiced on snow and/or ice...nothing more, nothing less, nothing different...:evil:;)

and, meanwhile I perfectly know the fact that snow sports are not realistic in most Countries of the Southern Emisphere, frankly Ice sports are not just for those Nations with long and cold Winter, they can be played at any latitude (and infrastructure costs for all of them -except for long track speedskating- are not so much more expensive than running a basketball arena or a rugby stadium, just to name a couple)...

moreover, and it's just my opinion (which isn't necessarily to be the most popular and/or a "truth"), I still think that words and ideas mean something according to how they're written...if it's the "Winter (sports) Games", it doesn't make any sense to fill the schedule with sports almost everywhere associated to the Summer season/Summer sports "family"...

I wonder if it is the maintenance cost that scares some nations away from the idea of building an ice rink or a bunch of curling sheets, for example. But I agree that ice sports are, in theory, a lot easier to develop in tropical nations. Snow sports, on the other hand, remain impossible to perfect in some nations. I mean, it's not impossible for an ice rink to be built in, say, Brazil, but we just can't buy the Everest and ask for it to be delivered to Rio de Janeiro, you know. :lol:

Edited by thiago_simoes

21 minutes ago, thiago_simoes said:

I wonder if it is the maintenance cost that scares some nations away from the idea of building an ice rink or a bunch of curling sheets, for example. But I agree that ice sports are, in theory, a lot easier to develop in tropical nations. Snow sports, on the other hand, remain impossible to perfect in some nations. I mean, it's not impossible for an ice rink to be built in, say, Brazil, but we just can't buy the Everest and ask for it to be delivered to Rio de Janeiro, you know. :lol:

For some sport yes, but there's no reason Brazil couldn't in theory develop good athletes in biathlon / cross country skiing / nordic combined / ski jumping / freestyle skiing with a combination of roller skis, dry slopes and water jumps. While the competition in those sports are on snow you can do almost all of the training in warm weather and then have your elite athletes make the adaptation to the snow.

For a lot of winter sports most of the athlete's development actually happens in summer.

As for ice sports, if you look at the US for example quite a few of their skating athletes come from warm climates. The best American Ice Hockey player is from Arizona, they've had Olympic gold medalists in speed skating come out of Florida, figure skaters come from all over, some of the best slopestyle athletes in the world grew up skiing on plastic "snow"... It's more of a cultural (if ice hockey was as popular in Brazil as it is in warm weather places like Arizona, Texas and Florida then Brazil would eventually build the infrastructure for it and good players would naturally emerge) and resource problem than a "Brazil can't ever be competitive in winter sports because of the climate" problem.

Alternatively get more Canadians to immigrate to Brazil, we'll build ice rinks. I suspect the Curling club in Dallas, Texas (where I live - not exactly a cold climate) has the highest concentration of Canadians in the metroplex, with the exception of the Canadian consulate. There's also a very healthy recreational ice hockey scene here, even though it's over 40C in summer more often than not and it barely ever freezes, all as a result of a professional team setting up shop here.

Edited by NearPup

Il y a 1 heure , thiago_simoes a déclaré:

2) Again, like I said before, the Winter Olympics are nothing but a lie, in my opinion. I'm sure a bunch of narrow-minded and delusional people organize the Winter Olympics, so it's not really surprising that the event is mostly ignored by half of the planet, even though it still seeks for integration (we all know it is a lie, but this is how things are branded).

It's called PR. I'm not sure why you take it for more that it actually is. 

Besides, it's not only the Winter Olympics, a good chunk of the summer disiciplines are also a western club + friends (rowing, track cyling, sailing, etc.). Every olympic sports come from the west. A few have taken off globally, most didn't (often for la ack of infrastucture). You may find it sad, unfortunate, but that's not going to change anytime soon and I don't think the IOC is delusional about that. Then, you have PR...

If they were really looking for global integration, they would include Kabbadi, not skateboarding.

South America has mountains and snow and if they wanted they could improve and challenge in the FIS sports. But the truth is they are not that interested, or have traditions in winter sports. Nothing to do with being excluded from the north countries.

Same with ice sports. If they could build many halls for basketball, volleyball, fight sports, they could as well build a few skating rings. But they don't, because there would be hardly any people to want to use it (i reckon, can't be fully sure of course). And that's ok, those countries don't have the culture for winter sports. It's not the faulth of the northern countries that many others don't participate, they just don't want to and not because there are forcefully excluded.

il y a 9 minutes, Federer91 a déclaré:

South America has mountains and snow and if they wanted they could improve and challenge in the FIS sports. But the truth is they are not that interested, or have traditions in winter sports. Nothing to do with being excluded from the north countries.

Same with ice sports. If they could build many halls for basketball, volleyball, fight sports, they could as well build a few skating rings. But they don't, because there would be hardly any people to want to use it (i reckon, can't be fully sure of course). And that's ok, those countries don't have the culture for winter sports. It's not the faulth of the northern countries that many others don't participate, they just don't want to and not because there are forcefully excluded.

Exactly ... but it's easier to justify it by saying that the big bad western countries don't want you to perform 

6 horas atrás, SalamAkhi disse:

Exactly ... but it's easier to justify it by saying that the big bad western countries don't want you to perform 

Talk about misinformation (or just being a troll).

The only countries in South America where you can seriously practice snow sports are Argentina and Chile. So, tropical nations should send their athletes to other countries because an event with global aspirations do not afford to contemplate realistic weather conditions all around the planet?

This is not a matter about being evil, as much as it is about you being totally ignorant of the facts.

7 horas atrás, De_Gambassi disse:

It's called PR. I'm not sure why you take it for more that it actually is. 

Besides, it's not only the Winter Olympics, a good chunk of the summer disiciplines are also a western club + friends (rowing, track cyling, sailing, etc.). Every olympic sports come from the west. A few have taken off globally, most didn't (often for la ack of infrastucture). You may find it sad, unfortunate, but that's not going to change anytime soon and I don't think the IOC is delusional about that. Then, you have PR...

If they were really looking for global integration, they would include Kabbadi, not skateboarding.

What? 

Judo, Taekwondo and Karate are sports originated in Asia. Badminton and Table Tennis are a lot more popular in Asia. Long distance running in Athletics is all about African nations, and sprint running is all about the Caribbean. Then we have Rugby, which was won by a small nation from Oceania in 2016. Beach Volleyball and Skateboarding are pretty much dominated by the US and Brazil.

It's time for you to realize that there are clear attempts for global integration at the Summer Olympics, but zero effort when it comes to the Winter Olympics.