website statistics

Rhythmic Gymnastics 2016 Discussion Thread

Greece has been on the brink of not qualifying for years now. Finland should be rewarded for the fantastic job they have done recently.

But maybe I'm asking for too much. Things have been extremely fair until now.

Edited by thiago_simoes

• 1 month later...

A very sad thing happened today with our rhytmic gymnastics group. One of our Group World Champion gymnast Tsvetelina Stoyanova tried to kill herself by jumping from the 6-th floor of her appartment. Our gymnastics team travelled this morning to Spain for the European Championships, but surprisingly Stoyanova wasn't on the team and a reserve went in her place. The head coach said that she had a leg injury for some time now and it worsened after the World Cup round in Spain. But the media have said that Stoyanova has had anxiety issues for some time now and maybe their is some inside thing that isn't known yet. Relatieves of Stoyanova have said now that she was very upset last night after the news that she wasn't going with the team, while others say that she voluntarily didn't want to go. No one knows what is the real situation. She is still in critical condition. A truly sad, sad thing.:(

So, now Israel is a strong contender for an Olympic medal, and I can't say I'm surprised. They have been very consistent for a number of years now, and they seem to be in their best shape ever, so it will not be a surprise if the group earns an Olympic medal.

I'm surprised Russia had two mistake-laden routines. I wonder if Belarus can take advantage of eventual mistakes and finally earn an Olympic gold medal. Time will tell.

And what sad news about the Bulgarian girl. I'm happy they got a medal, though. And I hope the girl survives.

6 minutes ago, thiago_simoes said:

So, now Israel is a strong contender for an Olympic medal, and I can't say I'm surprised. They have been very consistent for a number of years now, and they seem to be in their best shape ever, so it will not be a surprise if the group earns an Olympic medal.

I'm surprised Russia had two mistake-laden routines. I wonder if Belarus can take advantage of eventual mistakes and finally earn an Olympic gold medal. Time will tell.

And what sad news about the Bulgarian girl. I'm happy they got a medal, though. And I hope the girl survives.

Well, Israel have a good exercise, it's right, but we must considarate that when you compete in your own country the jury will add to you some decimals of point.

I'm almost sure that Italy, Ukraine and Russia will not make a mistake and that the competition will be more interessing

Edited by Gianlu33

20 horas atrás, Gianlu33 disse:

Well, Israel have a good exercise, it's right, but we must considarate that when you compete in your own country the jury will add to you some decimals of point.

I'm almost sure that Italy, Ukraine and Russia will not make a mistake and that the competition will be more interessing

I don't think Ukraine has a chance of getting a medal at the group event, but we will see. Right now, I would say Russia, Belarus, Israel, Italy and Spain will fight for a place on the podium and Bulgaria is a dark horse. Ukraine and Japan will likely make the finals, but a medal is a bit too much at this point. 

• 6 months later...

So, I am now focused on finding results from all of the World Cup events since 1983. It is really hard to find results prior to 2008; this is why I need help, any help, finding these results. Basically, what I want to know is which countries managed to win at least a bronze medal at one of the stages of the World Cup series since 1983. It might look like a lot, but so far I have been able to identify only 26 countries: 

I might be missing a few. This is why I'll ask for help. I believe Slovenia, Slovakia, Yugoslavia, Czechoslovakia, Czech Republic, Austria, Hungary, East Germany and West Germany are the only serious candidates to join this list, to be honest. But I have not been able to confirm any medal results from these nations from 1983 to 2007 at the Rhythmic Gymnastics World Cup Series. Can anyone help, please?