Jump to content

Welcome to Totallympics, the home of Olympic Sports!

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to other members, get your own private messenger, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Login | Create an Account


Sign in to follow this  
George_D

Skeleton IBSF World Cup 2017 - 2018

Recommended Posts

dcro    2,242

Yarnold is in awful shape...

 

Sadly, at this point it looks like GBR will fail to medal in women's skeleton for the first time ever.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
heywoodu    2,671

Speakers in Altenberg playing 'Highway to Hell' less than 5 minutes after that same song finished on my phone :d 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
heywoodu    2,671

So Flock apparently might well have thrown away an Olympic ticket there. This system is such bullshit, three top-10 women fighting for only two Olympic tickets. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
dcro    2,242
8 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

So Flock apparently might well have thrown away an Olympic ticket there. This system is such bullshit, three top-10 women fighting for only two Olympic tickets. 

 

Even if Gilardoni overtakes Flock, Flock should still qualify as NED will reject Joska.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
heywoodu    2,671
1 minute ago, dcro said:

 

Even if Gilardoni overtakes Flock, Flock should still qualify as NED will reject Joska.

That's the hope I was holding out for Flock/Meylemans/Priedulena (who obviously should all be in the Olympics). 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
dcro    2,242
1 minute ago, heywoodu said:

That's the hope I was holding out for Flock/Meylemans/Priedulena (who obviously should all be in the Olympics). 

 

Meylemans and Priedulena are pretty safe.

 

This list is missing :NGR Nigeria who needs to finish one more NAC race to qualify, meaning that provisionally Gilardoni would be out (until NED rejects Joska).

 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Skeleton_at_the_2018_Winter_Olympics_–_Qualification

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
dcro    2,242

Honestly, I'm really looking forward to seeing :NGR having ridiculous deficits in Pyeongchang. :p

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
heywoodu    2,671

Wait, Nigeria has a women's skeleton athlete? I missed that.. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
dcro    2,242
2 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

Wait, Nigeria has a women's skeleton athlete? I missed that.. 

 

Yes, more about her here.

 

She was highly competitive in Calgary in November. :d

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
heywoodu    2,671
52 minutes ago, dcro said:

 

Yes, more about her here.

 

She was highly competitive in Calgary in November. :d

Oh come on...I mean, I'm all for spreading a sport, but it would just be unfair if she goes and someone like Gilardoni/Flock/Priedulena/Meylemans wouldn't go..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
dcro    2,242
Just now, heywoodu said:

Oh come on...I mean, I'm all for spreading a sport, but it would just be unfair if she goes and someone like Gilardoni/Flock/Priedulena/Meylemans wouldn't go..

 

And that's where Netherlands comes in. They have 2 athletes, if only one gets to go then none of the mentioned names will miss out.

 

The main problem is too few quotas. Women's skeleton is no longer that obscure. They'll probably increase it for the next time, but probably, sadly at the expense of men's skeleton, because that's how IOC operates...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Sign in to follow this  

×