Welcome to Totallympics, the home of Olympic Sports!

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to other members, get your own private messenger, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Login | Create an Account

Sign in to follow this  
George_D

Bobsleigh IBSF World Cup 2017 - 2018

heywoodu    1,311
Just now, dcro said:

Well, if it stays like this after run 2 then :JAM Jamaica will lose their quota. :cry:

I thought they'd have an automatic quota :yikes:

Oooh wait, North America, that's not an automatic quota of course then :p 

Edited by heywoodu

dcro    1,120
Just now, heywoodu said:

I thought they'd have an automatic quota :yikes:

No, they count as America so... Romania 9th, Jamaica 14th. That's 40 pts difference, while Jamaica's lead is 34 pts. :/

However, Humphries is only 0.01 behind ROU, surely they'll place in front after heat 2. Not just Humphries, Romania had much better start number than those around them in the rankings. Things should be more "normal" in heat 2, we'll see.

dcro    1,120

Commentator: "And there are so many loopholes that qualify nations..."

Geez, how hard are continental quotas to understand?

dcro    1,120

What a drama in Olympic qualification. Big battle between CAN/USA for 3rd sled finished with CAN winning.

Jamaica moved into at least 13th place, so now even 9th wouldn't be enough for the Romanians.

OlympicsFan    98

Decent result on the mens side, although Friedrich still seems off.

2 golds at the olympics will be decent for Germany, but i hope for 3, would be great to see Jamanka doing it. Not sure what a black german athlete ever won a medal at winter olympics.

dcro    1,120

:MON Monaco 7th after run 1.

But their four-man team isn't going to the Olympics as this is only their first race of the season. :dunno::(

heywoodu    1,311
43 minutes ago, dcro said:

:MON Monaco 7th after run 1.

But their four-man team isn't going to the Olympics as this is only their first race of the season. :dunno::(

Oh that is such a huge shame to read, I was all excited about Monaco's 7th place and starting to put them in my list of outsiders with 1-2 % medal chance.. 

heywoodu    1,311

+1 for Romania's Maria Constantin for actually entering the 4-man race with an all-female crew, instead of a female driver and three men behind her. 

dcro    1,120

Commentator said like 5 times that the only way for both Czech crews to qualify for 2nd heat is if they tie for 20th place.

And guess what happened? They tied. :lol:

Edited by dcro
  • Haha 1