website statistics

[OFF TOPIC] Politics Thread

Wanderer

23 minutes ago, Gianlu33 said:

Yes, but the union is my dream and the dream of a lot of Europeans :p 

And also the anti-dream of a lot of other Europeans :d 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

17 minutes ago, VolleyRuller96 said:

Well, TBH I don't feel he attacked Islam, only extremists

Anyway, whatever the ambassador (who is leaving) said, the Dutch government already said they distanced themselves from it. So that should be that, unless some politician wants to continue and start a whole political fuss about nothing. 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

19 minutes ago, lapaj said:

Where were you when Armenia cut the diplomacy with Hungary because Safarov could go home?

A quick read learns that sending Safarov to Azerbaijan, you know, the country of born liar and sicko Aliyev, was not exactly a smart move. Understandable that Armenia cut diplomacy because of it, but then again: why would anyone care? Even in Hungary or Armenia? Now there's no diplomatic relationship, oh no. The horror. 

Just like now, why would I, as an average Dutch person, care if Hungary cuts diplomacy? And the other way around, if it was a Hungarian ambassador who said something: why would you, an average Hungarian citizen (I guess), care if the Netherlands cuts diplomacy?

It's just media making a big deal of something that the common people don't care about :p 

3 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

A quick read learns that sending Safarov to Azerbaijan, you know, the country of born liar and sicko Aliyev, was not exactly a smart move. Understandable that Armenia cut diplomacy because of it, but then again: why would anyone care? Even in Hungary or Armenia? Now there's no diplomatic relationship, oh no. The horror. 

Just like now, why would I, as an average Dutch person, care if Hungary cuts diplomacy? And the other way around, if it was a Hungarian ambassador who said something: why would you, an average Hungarian citizen (I guess), care if the Netherlands cuts diplomacy?

It's just media making a big deal of something that the common people don't care about :p 

So really? When Italy decided few days ago the have again a diplomacy whit Egypt we had a great controversy... I'm impressed that in Netherlands no anyone care about foreign policies

22 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

There is an international law for that step. And Hungary has a lot of Armenians. They were always honest to us! For example two of our thirteen martyr of Arad was Armenian. So Armenia overreacted it.

I agree. But some other people care about it. Sometimes...

Edited by lapaj

1 hour ago, heywoodu said:

Come on, what's with all this talk about being average...... everyone knows that we good folk of Totallympics are far from the average, we are the best. @bestmen already knows this, hence his username..... otherwise he would be called "averagemen".

4 minutes ago, OlympicIRL said:

Come on, what's with all this talk about being average...... everyone knows that we good folk of Totallympics are far from the average, we are the best. @bestmen already knows this, hence his username..... otherwise he would be called "averagemen".

I was just trying not to look arrogant, obviously I know the average Dutch is way below me. 

• 2 weeks later...