website statistics

[OFF TOPIC] Politics Thread

Wanderer

21 minutes ago, LDOG said:

sniff... I voted for yes :cry: oh italy

I acknowledge however that the reform has many negative points, so I can understand the result.

i see double nacionality here :yikes:, haha, a little joke, im italian descendant too but i will never have that or another nationality, i know there are some advantages when you travel but im not interest.

5 hours ago, NikolaB said:

But we are EU candidate country  and we must do what Brussels ask from us. We are not part of Schengen area yet, but have visa free regime with EU (and all European countries) 

Cause I am not too much involved in Italian politics, are the results of this referendum good or bad? 

This referendum was very complicate becouse it could eliminate the double parliament and it unleashed a very heated discussion. Actually the situation is bad,  but not so bad becouse MAYBE the REAL left will go at the governament.

I read a lot of news on the international newspaper and i'm upset: they think that it's a populist vote :lol: It's one of the more false statements in this rederendum: In both option we has several reasons.

It's easy know why the NO won... this reforme was awful and is more awful if we count the Italicum, the new fascist electoral law that Renzi did.

Btw, the Italian politics is very complex and ineed we have 4 big party and at last other 6 medium party and ALL party have a lot of different schools of thought. For exemple a lot of important people of the Democratic Party (the same party of Renzi) voted NO.

Personally i voted YES and i voted in the last time the PD but i'm a bit happy that the Renzi governament is finally finished.

Now let's hope that a real president whit a leftist thought will become the new Italian Frist Minister :pope: 

16 horas atrás, Agger disse:

This will be the last post from me in this discussion, because it's pretty clear that we're too far away from eachother to have much reason to discuss and I don't really feel like discussing politics here, but:

Really? You're pulling the "if every single person with problems come to Europe" argument?

Only a tiny bit of the refugees end up in Europe and we will never end up in the situation where everybody does.

Of course we have to work for more help in the areas close to the disaster/war areas, but if we can't take the ammount of refugees/immigrants coming at the moment, I feel pretty worried about the future of the area.

With that being said, we can agree that Serbia is taking more than it should and a solution should be found, but that's just as much about several European countries barely taking anybody (in my opinion Denmark could surely take more than we've done)

I agree with you, although I always try to be careful with my opinion on that because I live in somewhere - Portugal - where I don't face immigration problems like the ones that people from central Europe talk about....

In fact, most of our immigrants are Brazilians, with the same culture - and religion - as ours, so we don't experience the culture shock that I guess it exists in other European countries.

I usually tend to think we should help more those refugees instead of just letting them die, but I wonder if I would think different if I lived in those countries :(  (hope not...)