website statistics

[OFF TOPIC] Politics Thread

Wanderer

2 minutes ago, VolleyRuller96 said:

Yes I think so now, this is some cleric who wanted to base the country on secularism and interreligious dialogue

I always like when people are much in favour of secularism and interreligious dialogue, but somehow those people always seem to lose :( 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

1 minute ago, heywoodu said:

I always like when people are much in favour of secularism and interreligious dialogue, but somehow those people always seem to lose :( 

What's worse is that extremists seem to gain influence not only in some regions but in the whole world... though to be fair it's hard to be surprised that people are scarred and irritated after what keeps happening in the world :(

My favourite Volleyball position: LIBERO. You ask why? Look here. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZyIOarNAONk

Its shocking that some People really believe that this was a (failed) coup. For me its obvious that Erdogan faked all of this to get more power and to get a "reason" to punish his opponents. His first reaction was to fire 2700 judges, i wonder how he got their names so fast ... ? He gets closer and closer to his ultimate Goal: Total control. In 12 months or less Turkey will be as much of a democracy as Russia, but sadly far more religious. If this was a "real" coup, then the turkish Military leaders (or at least) some of them seem to be shockingly stupid, this has to be by far the worst attempt of a coup in history.

Edit: Does Turkey already have the death penalty? If not, then it might be introduced very quick.

Edited by OlympicsFan

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

Just now, OlympicsFan said:

Its shocking that some People really believe that this was a (failed) coup. For me its obvious that Erdogan faked all of this to get more power and to get a "reason" to punish his opponents. His first reaction was to fire 2700 judges, i wonder how he got their names so fast ... ? He gets closer and closer to his ultimate Goal: Total control. In 12 months or less Turkey will be as much of a democracy as Russia, but sadly far more religious. If this was a "real" coup, then the turkish Military leaders (or at least) some of them seem to be shockingly stupid, this has to be by far the worst attempt of a coup in history.

Edit: Does Turkey already have the death penalty? If not, then it might be introduced very quick.

yees something is prodigal in this story , if you want to make one successful coup ; you should kidnapp or kill the president.
they did it while he was in vacation :d

Edited by bestmen

Brazil -  10 people arrested for allegedly coworking with ISIS to  perform terrorist attacks on the arenas and stadiums during the RIO Olympic Games, 2 escaped/missing :wall:

Edited by VolleyRuller96

My favourite Volleyball position: LIBERO. You ask why? Look here. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZyIOarNAONk

• 1 month later...

:FIJ Fiji will not change its flag at the end... Why did they change their mind? - Because Fiji won rugby gold in Rio.

"It has been deeply moving for me as Prime Minister to witness the way Fijians have rallied around the national flag as our Rugby Sevens team brought home Olympic gold for Fiji ... and I know this sentiment is shared by most Fijians," Mr Bainimarama said in a statement.

Yep, let's just have those colonial flags forever :AUS:NZL:FIJ:TUV ...

Edited by dcro

#banbestmen

32 minutes ago, dcro said:

:FIJ Fiji will not change its flag at the end... Why did they change their mind? - Because Fiji won rugby gold in Rio.

"It has been deeply moving for me as Prime Minister to witness the way Fijians have rallied around the national flag as our Rugby Sevens team brought home Olympic gold for Fiji ... and I know this sentiment is shared by most Fijians," Mr Bainimarama said in a statement.

Yep, let's just have those colonial flags forever :AUS:NZL:FIJ:TUV ...

You forgot :BER:p