website statistics

[OFF TOPIC] Politics Thread

Wanderer

Very few times in my life -- not even when my father died when I was a young child -- I've felt this hopeless, lost, afraid and confused. There's no point for me to cheer for Brazilian athletes anymore because they represent a nation I despise at the moment. 

2 minutes ago, thiago_simoes said:

Very few times in my life -- not even when my father died when I was a young child -- I've felt this hopeless, lost, afraid and confused. There's no point for me to cheer for Brazilian athletes anymore because they represent a nation I despise at the moment. 

how do you know that that guy just don't talk too much like Trump and Mexican wall to win ellections?

4 minutos atrás, DaniSRB disse:

how do you know that that guy just don't talk too much like Trump and Mexican wall to win ellections?

As I said before, I'm afraid of how people will react on the streets. I've seen two videos today of black people being assaulted, beaten and I've read about a man publicly stating he believes men have the right to beat their spouses. Bolsonaro is just the rotten face of what Brazil is, and there are 200 million reasons for me to worry.

7 minutes ago, DaniSRB said:

Trump is a very reasonable person compared to him, and Trump never went too far in his comments.

12 minutes ago, thiago_simoes said:

I agree 100%. I think Brazil won a medal at YOG and I didn't even care. It's also disheartening to see many athletes supporting him when he promised to eliminate the Ministry of Sports.

The only positive thing about this election: knowing about people that supported him and exclude them from my life (granted, there wasn't that many). Thank lord fascism still isn't that strong where I live.

5 minutos atrás, vinipereira disse:

I agree 100%. I think Brazil won a medal at YOG and I didn't even care. It's also disheartening to see many athletes supporting him when he promised to eliminate the Ministry of Sports.

The only positive thing about this election: knowing about people that supported him and exclude them from my life (granted, there wasn't that many). Thank lord fascism still isn't that strong where I live.

My list of friends in Facebook went from around 1,100 people to 470 now. And I still think I'll have to double check about some people...

16 minutes ago, vinipereira said:

Trump is a very reasonable person compared to him, and Trump never went too far in his comments.

What now?

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

Brazil giving us shame once again. A country known for nude women, violence, lack of education and football would be no different. :bowdown::bowdown: 

And of course, my state, Espirito Santo, contributed heavily to this misfortune. The state that kills most women in the country never disappoints.  :champion:

But at least the second round is possible, so I can suffer later. :rofl: