website statistics

[OFF TOPIC] Politics Thread

Wanderer

Journalist: "How will this make America safer?"
Uncle Donald: "Thank you very much. This. Will. Make. America. Much. Safer."

:lol::facepalm:

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Bad news is bad, but uncertainty is worse. so I guess this is at least better than 3 months ago. we talk a lot about all these things in our daily life so I don't really enjoy to talk/write about politics here. but I believe hardliners in Iran slept much happier tonight, now they can rightfully say "see, we told you USA is untrustable"

Rouhani had full support from the people for the deal but I'm afraid it will be hard to imagine such support for any kind of agreement with the USA in future. Rouhani is already a weak president, if he can't save the deal I'm afraid the turnout will be very low for the next election in Iran which means another stupid hardliner like Ahmadinejad in office and another dark eight years for Iran :(

And this is funny they are blaming Iran for meddling in other country's business, the reason we have this corrupt regime in Iran right now is what USA did in Iran during the Mosaddegh time. they prevented a democratic change in Iran to keep their puppet dictator in power. Dictators are only bad when they are not friends with owner of the world, USA.

43 minutes ago, MHSN said:

Bad news is bad, but uncertainty is worse. so I guess this is at least better than 3 months ago. we talk a lot about all these things in our daily life so I don't really enjoy to talk/write about politics here. but I believe hardliners in Iran slept much happier tonight, now they can rightfully say "see, we told you USA is untrustable"

Rouhani had full support from the people for the deal but I'm afraid it will be hard to imagine such support for any kind of agreement with the USA in future. Rouhani is already a weak president, if he can't save the deal I'm afraid the turnout will be very low for the next election in Iran which means another stupid hardliner like Ahmadinejad in office and another dark eight years for Iran :(

And this is funny they are blaming Iran for meddling in other country's business, the reason we have this corrupt regime in Iran right now is what USA did in Iran during the Mosaddegh time. they prevented a democratic change in Iran to keep their puppet dictator in power. Dictators are only bad when they are not friends with owner of the world, USA.

Honestly I’m sorry that my country made a mess of yours. Our biggest mistake was putting the Shah in power. I don’t know why my fellow Americans don’t try to make fiends with Iran because there is definitely a positive change happening that we affecting in a negative way.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

It's very sad to hear, that so many Palestine guys are dying. But i did read somewhere that It's Hamas that uses masses to get access to Israel(Jerusalem mostly). Like the people are trying to breach Israel borders, forcing Israeli troops to respond with gunfire. That's just something i read somewhere. Different point of view...

North Korea breaks any kind of peace talks with South Korea and also threats cancelling the meeting with Trump. The reason is apparently that, despite North Korean denuclerization and demilitarization attempts the U.S and the South still holds military actions, which the North views as aggresive and provoking.

https://edition.cnn.com/2018/05/15/politics/north-korea-suspends-south-korea-talks-us-military-drills/index.html

My favourite Volleyball position: LIBERO. You ask why? Look here. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZyIOarNAONk

48 minutes ago, VolleyRuller96 said:

North Korea breaks any kind of peace talks with South Korea and also threats cancelling the meeting with Trump. The reason is apparently that, despite North Korean denuclerization and demilitarization attempts the U.S and the South still holds military actions, which the North views as aggresive and provoking.

https://edition.cnn.com/2018/05/15/politics/north-korea-suspends-south-korea-talks-us-military-drills/index.html

So much for Trump's tough guy attitude being the reason for peace talks ...

9 godzin temu, Finnator123 napisał:

It's very sad to hear, that so many Palestine guys are dying. But i did read somewhere that It's Hamas that uses masses to get access to Israel(Jerusalem mostly). Like the people are trying to breach Israel borders, forcing Israeli troops to respond with gunfire. That's just something i read somewhere. Different point of view...

I know that now it isn't big problem but highly probably Eurovision 2019 will take place in Jerusalem instead safer Tel Aviv :facepalm:Already some countries consider boycotting this event...

Edited by rybak