Welcome to Totallympics, the home of Olympic Sports!

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to other members, get your own private messenger, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Login | Create an Account

Sign in to follow this  
vlad

[POLL] Which are your 3 Top Favorite Winter Olympic Sports? (2018 version)

[POLL] Which are your 3 Top Favorite Winter Olympic Sports? (2017 - 2018 version)  

52 members have voted

1. 1. [POLL] Which are your 3 Top Favorite Winter Olympic Sports? (2017 - 2018 version)

Werloc    869

Well, I think everyone saw this coming, but

1. Biathlon (It's a sport that I follow religiously for half of my life, skipped school on multiple occasions just to run home fast enough to watch the Biathlon races)

Then, when you take away the guns, with a very big margin below we have:

2. Cross-country skiing (I remember being invested in CC a lot more a few years back. I'd use to watch pretty much every race and never skipped a Tour De Ski, but nowadays, I don't really care for it, I sometimes look up the results, but I don't remember the last time I actually sat down and watched it, I guess it'll happen during Olympics)

3. Shot-Track Speed Skating (I remember enjoying it when I was younger, but it's usually a sport that doesn't get too much media coverage, so not that easy to be very invested in the sport, but it still beats other sports for me)

rybak    456
Posted (edited)

Biathlon (surprise, no? :p) is on first place in my list of all sports, not only winter, second is ski jumping and then speed skating.

Edit: Btw. 26 people already voted and skeleton is only one remaining sport which still have 0 votes :/

Edited by rybak

Bohemia    305

I'm shocked by the number of votes short track speed skating has :yikes:

My number 1 faaaar ahead the others is biathlon, it's so interesting and exciting to watch!

My number 2 is alpine skiing.

And for number 3 I admit that I voted quite randomly between the other sports that I like but not that much compared to the first 2, and I chose freestyle skiing (sorry for disappointing you :lol:)

heywoodu    3,229

Too bad skeleton has no vote yet, another winter sport I definitely try to watch live whenever possible and delayed if I couldn't watch it live :p 

phelps    536
10 hours ago, Bohemia said:

I'm shocked by the number of votes short track speed skating has :yikes:

My number 1 faaaar ahead the others is biathlon, it's so interesting and exciting to watch!

My number 2 is alpine skiing.

And for number 3 I admit that I voted quite randomly between the other sports that I like but not that much compared to the first 2, and I chose freestyle skiing (sorry for disappointing you :lol:)

well, short track is a very exciting sport...and if you have a shot at going to watch an event on site (especially if you could find a seat close to the ice sheet)...well, don't miss it...it's so impressive how fast they go and what kind of extreme balance exercise it is (those skates are scary)...

• Like 1

NikolaB    203

Let's say ice hockey, ice hockey and ice hockey lol

I enjoy alpine skiing, biathlon, bobsleigh, curling

• Like 1

konig    403

1) Biathlon: a very entertaining sport even is very dificult to see an argentinian in there, i know it at 12 years old when i lived in Ushuaia (the southest city of the world) and i kwew an ex olympic representant of Argentina who teach us Cross Country sky.

2) Bobsleigh: i like a lot the "sleds" sports and this is the best for me.

3) Snowboarding: i dont see too much in tv and have some interesting categories like snowboardcross.

I cant believe the votes for short track speed skating.........

vinipereira    944

Curling / Figure Skating / Freestyle Skiing

Always liked the first two, probably because are the sports (alongside Ice Hockey) that I can easily follow the most important championships on brazilian channels (Figure Skating actually had the bigger audience here in the Sochi Olympics). Hard to pick a third since I don't really follow any of the others, but I liked Freestyle Skiing in the last Olympics.

OlympicIRL    994

Biathlon is my favourite by a big margin, followed by Cross Country Skiing and Curling.

Snowboard cross is probably my favourite event of all though.

heywoodu    3,229
2 minutes ago, VolleyRuller96 said:

Wow, what a vote difference between short track speed skating and speed skating :yikes:

Even bigger difference between biathlon and cross-country skiing :p 

Werloc    869
On 1/4/2018 at 13:48, heywoodu said:

Even bigger difference between biathlon and cross-country skiing :p 

One of the problems with cross-country skiing is that they're not showing any effort to draw in more nations in the game. That's where IBU has them beat by a huge margin. For example, no quota limitations with endless starters from Scandinavian countries and friends, the score system that only rewards the 30 best, no league similar to the IBU cup that deprives most athletes from the necessary experience needed to make a transition to the World Cup where they usually finish in the bottom 10 if they actually ever make it there. And it's not as exciting anymore to see 5-6 Norwegians in the top 10 of every race, with some Swedes and Finns in between. I think what cross-country skiing still has going for them are the sprint races and the 50k.