website statistics

Doping Cases and Bans 2018 Thread

Dragon

Только что, heywoodu сказал:

It's just nearly impossible to imagine an athlete would be that dumb, which is why I'm actually inclined to kinda believe the thing about someone spiking his food/drinks.. 

will wait. They should view all records from surveillance cameras in Korea and Japan from January 22

10 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

It's just nearly impossible to imagine an athlete would be that dumb, which is why I'm actually inclined to kinda believe the thing about someone spiking his food/drinks.. 

I'm actually reading here that he admitted taking the meldonium.

#banbestmen

1 minute ago, dcro said:

But the same CAS statement says he's going for a shorter ban because it was outside his fault, but he accepted the fact that it was in his system? 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

1 час назад, dcro сказал:

he confessed to an anti-doping rule violation. He didn't take meldonium, but once it was found, it means he's guilty The test is positive, there is no evidence of his innocence. Now he will try to find the reason for this.

1 hour ago, heywoodu said:

But the same CAS statement says he's going for a shorter ban because it was outside his fault, but he accepted the fact that it was in his system? 

he accepted, as Russia wants to march under own flag at closing, but after Olympics he will try to prove what happened

at least i heard that yesterday in some Russian tv

17 minutes ago, DaniSRB said:

he accepted, as Russia wants to march under own flag at closing, but after Olympics he will try to prove what happened

at least i heard that yesterday in some Russian tv

This is all very strange.

Now even if he proves somebody sabotaged him he will not be able to have the medal given back to him.

Because he admitted the doping violation at CAS,

1 hour ago, Dragon said:

This is all very strange.

Now even if he proves somebody sabotaged him he will not be able to have the medal given back to him.

Because he admitted the doping violation at CAS,

guess it might be some deal between IOC and Russia, but who knows

XC skier Maurice Manificat (FRA) has expressed his suspicions about the Russian skiers, especially Denis Spitsov. Kind of 'sore loser'-like to do that afterwards, but alright. For what it's worth, Ole Einar Bjoerndalen has said Manificat's suspicions (or at least expressing them) are stupid. 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

il y a 44 minutes, heywoodu a déclaré:

XC skier Maurice Manificat (FRA) has expressed his suspicions about the Russian skiers, especially Denis Spitsov. Kind of 'sore loser'-like to do that afterwards, but alright. For what it's worth, Ole Einar Bjoerndalen has said Manificat's suspicions (or at least expressing them) are stupid. 

That's really not what he said. You shouldn't take too much of an extract of a translation of a translation:

In french:

Citation

« Les Russes ont un passé, ça fait 20, 30 ans qu’ils n’ont pas compris la leçon. donc forcément, on a du mal à leur faire confiance. Et la rédemption, on ne l’obtient pas en une course, en une épreuve. Moi, je leur fais confiance, c’est une jeune génération, on a envie de croire qu’ils sont honnêtes, qu’ils travaillent dur. On a l’impression qu’ils essayent de se racheter. Mais voilà, il faut attendre, parce qu’à chaque fois les histoires sortent plus tard, quand ils décèlent d’autres choses. Je suis super content qu’ils construisent une nouvelle équipe, mais on ne tourne pas la page comme ça d’un coup d’un seul ».

In short: "Russia has history, so we have hard time to trust them. Myself, I trust them, it's a new generation, we want to beleive they are clean. Yet, we have to wait, as doping stories allways come out afterward."

Which to me doesn't sound neither stupid nor sore loser like.

Besides, OEB is probably the last one anyone would want to hear speaking about doping...