website statistics

Doping Cases and Bans 2018 Thread

Dragon

6 minutes ago, Gianlu33 said:

The Court of Arbitration for Sport have oveturned sanctions against 28 Russian athletes banned for the Olympic Games for life, with their results from Sochi 2014 being reinstated.

Wow, that's huge. 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

So Zubkov and his men still lose 'their' double Olympic gold, Tretiakov gets his gold back, all speed skaters are reinstated (Skobrev :cheer:) and that hilarious podium in the men's 50km XC will be reinstated as well :d  (no problem with that, bye Sundby's gold :bye:)

Edited by heywoodu

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

The main interesting question now: will the likes of Tretiakov and Nikitina (those 28 athletes) be able to compete in Pyeongchang? I know they're not banned anymore, so that's not the problem, but aren't entries closed by now? 

1 минуту назад, heywoodu сказал:

The main interesting question now: will the likes of Tretiakov and Nikitina (those 28 athletes) be able to compete in Pyeongchang? I know they're not banned anymore, so that's not the problem, but aren't entries closed by now? 

An even more interesting question. What about the quotas that gave other countries

Just now, FC Mezhgorye said:

An even more interesting question. What about the quotas that gave other countries

Yep, that's a good one as well. I'm very interested to see how this is gonna work out...in most cases I guess the best option would be to allow these 28 Russians to be registered (apart from retired athletes or, in ice hockey's case, NHL players, if there are any), without having any impact on already qualified athletes. At least I hope that's how it's gonna work in skeleton, then the epic Iron Man vs Superman vs Russian Rocket battle may be back on :d 

Just now, Dimast said:

no, bye Cherniusov's gold :)

Ah yeah, my bad. That's a shame then, but still Sundby ends up in 4th place and that's quite alright :p 

1 минуту назад, heywoodu сказал:

Yep, that's a good one as well. I'm very interested to see how this is gonna work out...in most cases I guess the best option would be to allow these 28 Russians to be registered (apart from retired athletes or, in ice hockey's case, NHL players, if there are any), without having any impact on already qualified athletes. At least I hope that's how it's gonna work in skeleton, then the epic Iron Man vs Superman vs Russian Rocket battle may be back on :d 

Sorry Dukurs. In Korea, he has no chance against Yun Sung-bin, the Sochi gold away.