website statistics

Doping Cases and Bans 2018 Thread

Dragon

Biathlon:

:SLO Teja Gregorin receives two-year ban.

All competitive results from 7th February 2010 to 6th February 2012 have been disqualified. 

http://www.biathlonworld.com/news/detail/ibu-anti-doping-hearing-panel-gregorin-found-guilty-of-anti-doping-rule-violatio

(Gregorin has stopped her career.)

Edited by wumo26

2 athletes have been provisionally suspended: :NGR Glory Onome and :UKR ECH silver medalist in 50km race walk Alina Tsviliy.

Alina's failed test was taken in less than a month after the ECH :wacko: She was clean at the ECH.

The meds weren't prescribed by the team doctor so my guess is that she wanted to find allowed substitude for meldonium and failed to check the WADA list.

Spoiler

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Let's see if the 569th attempt will actually get to something, but I doubt it :p 

It sounds more like the annual 'news' about Operacion Puerto until it's quite for another year.

Edited by heywoodu

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Not sure if this is a sarcastic or satirical piece about/by Djokovic or serious :lol:

https://www.tennisworldusa.org/tennis/news/Novak_Djokovic/61629/novak-djokovic-i-lost-a-lot-of-faith-in-cycling-/