website statistics

Doping Cases and Bans 2018 Thread

Dragon

5 hours ago, bestmen said:

but this one with stats / proof

including Iran Brazil and RSA

Except the problem with Russia is that they were accused of not trying to catch their doping athletes.

And if you don't try to catch them you won't be high on that list.

21 minutes ago, bestmen said:

That is Team Sky being Team Sky. They represent the worst of the worst in cycling and those are the people that are breaking the sport. I'm not gonna hope for crashes and injuries of course, but let's just say I hope they get some flat tyres or someone steals their bikes while they're sleeping :p 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

https://www.iaaf.org/news/press-release/authorised-neutral-athlete-status-of-five-rac

The Russian Athletics Federation has been notified that the IAAF Doping Review Board has decided to revoke the Authorised Neutral Athlete (ANA) status granted to five race walkers: Klavdiya Afanasyeva, Olga Eliseeva, Yuliya Lipanova, Sergey Sharypov and Sergey Shirobokov.

The decision has been made pending further investigation into a number of serious issues arising from their participation at the training camp in Karakol in the Kyrgyz Republic last month, including the involvement in Karakol of the coach, Viktor Chegin, who has been banned from the sport for life.

These five athletes are not eligible to compete at the IAAF World Race Walking Team Championships in Taicang, China this weekend (5 / 6 May). The competition organisers have been notified of this decision, so that these five athletes are removed from the start list.

The Doping Review Board will review their status for future competitions in 2018, once it has received further information from RUSADA and the outcome of further investigations is known.

The Doping Review Board have been assured that the two remaining ANAs entered for Taicang, Vasiliy Mizinov and Yana Smerdova, were not present at the training camp in Karakol. Consequently, these two athletes remain eligible to compete with ANA status including in Taicang.

Just now, heywoodu said:

That is Team Sky being Team Sky. They represent the worst of the worst in cycling and those are the people that are breaking the sport. I'm not gonna hope for crashes and injuries of course, but let's just say I hope they get some flat tyres or someone steals their bikes while they're sleeping :p 

but for what reason they pay , even if they shut their mouths during the live stream , i don't think all the medias will especially if Froom wins one stage

2 hours ago, phelps said:

If it's true, it's a very sad story...

if it's not, that's even worse...

whatever is the truth, it's not a good day for athletics...:facepalm:

Update

Kiprop has published evidence that he paid one of the doping control officers 25 Euros / 30 US dollars

David Howman of the International Association of Athletics Federations’ (IAAF) Athletics Integrity Unit (AIU)... outlined that ahead of the Beijing 2008 Olympics, a train containing doping samples was intercepted by Russia’s Federal Security Service (FSB or ФСБ), and the samples were tipped away

http://www.sportsintegrityinitiative.com/sport-resolutions-2018-regulation-integrity-issues-improving/

2 minuti fa, Dragon ha scritto:

Update

Kiprop has published evidence that he paid one of the doping control officers 25 Euros / 30 US dollars

yeah, I already read about that yeasterday...

and I can only confirm my previous thought...I don't know who's right, who's wrong, who's 50-50...

I only know that nobody is trustable anymore in the world of sport when it comes to doping matters and/or money questions...

and this is very, very sad...:cry::facepalm: