:ARG Case #122 (Argentina #1)

Athlete: Vanesa Luciana Wohlgernuth
Sport: Athletics
Duration: 48 Months
Expiration: October 30th, 2020
Substance: ?
Source: IAAF Newsletter

hace 7 horas, heywoodu said:

The net around Team Sky, Wiggins, Froome and all that stuff seems to be closing more and more.

https://www.eurosport.com/cycling/tour-de-france/2018/sir-bradley-wiggins-and-team-sky-crossed-ethical-line-uk-parliamentary-report_sto6664165/story.shtml

So, Vincenzo Nibali (of Astana :lol:) as the last Tour de France winner if this keeps going the US Postal/Armstrong-road? :d 

I sometimes wonder why I still keep following this sport, but alright.

This Sky thing is SHOCKING to absolutely no one. About time.

:RUS Case #123 (Russia #22)
Athlete: Stanislav Emelyanov
Duration: Life Ban (3rd offence)
Expiration: Never
Substance: Biological Passport

:RUS Case #124 (Russia #23)
Athlete: Sabrina Kadasheva
Expiration: August 4th, 2021

:CHN Case #125 (China #3)
Athlete: Su Xueting
Duration: 12 Months
Expiration: February 27th, 2018

:CHN Case #126 (China #4)
Athlete: Wang Jiali
Duration: 96 Months
Expiration: August 9th, 2025

:BRA Case #127 (Brazil #3)
Athlete: Juliana Moreira
Expiration: March 27th, 2022

:TUR Case #128 (Turkey #2)
Athlete: Omer Iti
Expiration: December 26th, 2023

:TUR Case #129 (Turkey  #3)
Athlete: Medeni Demir
Expiration: April 19th, 2021

But it was performance-enhancing?

"It wasn't performance enhancing in the sense that for me, I had this problem - I had problems with asthma attacks, I had problems with breathing that flared up through pollen season. This was an anti-inflammatory drug that was taken to prevent that happening so I could compete on the same level that I had all year and on the same level with my rivals.

"This wasn't a medication that was abused in order to gain an advantage."

From a BBC interview with Wiggins. How nice, getting TUE's for stuff that didn't happen yet :cheer:

All to 'compete on a same level' (the most-heard doping excuse basically) :cheer:

Big coincidence by the way, all of his three cases of allergies, which he got TUE's and medications for, came up right before the three major races he wanted to win! Who could imagine such a coincidence!

Why the timing, if this was a genuine illness and you had to take something for it when it arose, why this convenient timing just before these three major races?

"Because of the type of grass pollen I am allergic to. It was around this period. The grass pollen goes in seasons, and this particular strain of grass pollen I was allergic to, it was at a heightened period during June and July.

I truly wonder how long they're going to be able to keep all this up. Sky, Wiggins, Froome, the whole circus looks like it's about to collapse and once it does, it's probably best never to speak about all this again, and pretend they never existed in the world of sports. 

It's of course a shock to nobody, but honestly I find it a lot more annoying than the Russian state-sponsored doping scandal. Team Sky and their super high horses about how super duper clean they are. Ugh. 

Edited by heywoodu

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

39 minutes ago, De_Gambassi said:

Suspensive only for now (no shows). AFLD will probably appeal it.

Three no shows in one year if I read it correctly? He turned pro after the Olympics, but I don't think we should call any athlete who has 3 no shows professional.... 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

il y a 10 minutes, heywoodu a déclaré:

Three no shows in one year if I read it correctly? He turned pro after the Olympics, but I don't think we should call any athlete who has 3 no shows professional.... 

Well, he is not the first one, neither the last one.

Very dubious how the suspensive could not be lifted by the french antidoping agency. Only question, would it be before his next combat the 7th of april. 

1 minute ago, De_Gambassi said:

Well, he is not the first one, neither the last one.

Very dubious how the suspensive could not be lifted by the french antidoping agency. Only question, would it be before his next combat the 7th of april. 

What do you mean? If one has three no shows, shouldn't one simply be suspended and, as long as an investigation is going on, definitely not be allowed to compete? 

Juste maintenant , heywoodu a déclaré:

What do you mean? If one has three no shows, shouldn't one simply be suspended and, as long as an investigation is going on, definitely not be allowed to compete? 

I mean that the french boxing association gave him only one suspensive year. (ie as it stands he could fight this year). A very lenient sanction that doesn't fit the french (world ?) anti doping code, and that most definitly be appealed, the code stating that at least one year (a non suspensive year that is) is mandatory in that case.