Welcome to Totallympics, the home of Olympic Sports!

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to other members, get your own private messenger, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Login | Create an Account

Sign in to follow this  
Federer91

Wrestling 2018 Discussion Thread

bestmen    842

North africa dominates , i dont know if this event is qualifying to Buenos aires

MHSN    251

looks like after Frank Chamizo , Italy wlil have another world class freestyle wrestler, Shamil Kudiamagomedov 2016 Euro Champion just wrestled in Ukraine tournament under Italian flag.

phelps    446
10 minutes ago, MHSN said:

looks like after Frank Chamizo , Italy wlil have another world class freestyle wrestler, Shamil Kudiamagomedov 2016 Euro Champion just wrestled in Ukraine tournament under Italian flag.

we also have in this team wrestling in Ukraine another Cuban, Abraham Conyedo (who's been living here for a while and won the 97kg class at the recent Italian champs)...

but both Kudiamagomedov and Conyedo do not have the Italian passport yet...and it could take a very long time before they get it, so probably this season they will only be able to wrestle in the international "minor" tournaments under a provisional authorization (like it happened for Frank Chamizo in 2014), but they won't represent Italy in any major event like Europeans and/or Worlds...

still, I hope they'll get the Italian passport before the 2019 European Games...it would be a nice improvement for our starving team (it looks here it's impossibe to raise any good Italian born wrestler anymore :cry::facepalm:)...

Edited by phelps

Sindo    196
3 minutes ago, Maxim Fastovsky said:

is this also used to discuss pro wrestling? :p

No, here is it ;)

Gianlu33    837
39 minutes ago, phelps said:

we also have in this team wrestling in Ukraine another Cuban, Abraham Conyedo (who's been living here for a while and won the 97kg class at the recent Italian champs)...

but both Kudiamagomedov and Conyedo do not have the Italian passport yet...and it could take a very long time before they get it, so probably this season they will only be able to wrestle in the international "minor" tournaments under a provisional authorization (like it happened for Frank Chamizo in 2014), but they won't represent Italy in any major event like Europeans and/or Worlds...

still, I hope they'll get the Italian passport before the 2019 European Games...it would be a nice improvement for our starving team (it looks here it's impossibe to raise any good Italian born wrestler anymore :cry::facepalm:)...

48 minutes ago, MHSN said:

How they became italian?

thepharoah    250
54 minutes ago, phelps said:

There's an Egyptian wrestler named Ibrahim Ghanem , he plays in Greco Roman -71 kg and he escaped in November after world U23 championship and went to Italy but i don't know anything about him since that , i know my question can be weired , but didn't u hear about him anything in Italy ? 

phelps    446
26 minutes ago, Gianlu33 said:

How they became italian?

good question...

I know that both have been living here for quite a while now, so I guess they can try to get our passport because of that...

but it could well be that they are engaged to Italian women, so with marriage it would be easier...

and finally, the last option is our federation asking our President to give them our passport for special merit (in sports activity, in this case...but I guess that only Kudiamagomedov can qualify for that because his past success, even if not with our team)...

we can only wait and see...

however, as I wrote, it would be nice to have them both with us...

Edited by phelps
  • Like 1

phelps    446
8 minutes ago, thepharoah said:

There's an Egyptian wrestler named Ibrahim Ghanem , he plays in Greco Roman -71 kg and he escaped in November after world U23 championship and went to Italy but i don't know anything about him since that , i know my question can be weired , but didn't u hear about him anything in Italy ? 

unfortunately not...

those 2 guys mentioned above have already taken part (and won) in our National Champs (since they are under contract with Italian club teams, which gives also to foreign athletes the permission to paticipate at our champs)...

and so have done many other foreign wrestlers, but I don't remember the name of Ghanem among the participants at those said Italian champs...

maybe he's still trying to find a club and we'll hear of him in the next future...:mumble:

Edited by phelps
  • Like 1