website statistics

Swimming 2018 Discussion Thread

George_D

26 minutes ago, dcro said:

What happened to the two sides of a story theory...? :p

I've been talking to a few people who know swimming tonight.

Every single one of them is sympathetic to Katinka and say her husband is a horrible bully who she should have left years ago...

Obviously I don't know if that is true but it's interesting everyone had the same opinion...

4 minutes ago, Dragon said:

Every single one of them is sympathetic to Katinka and say her husband is a horrible bully who she should have left years ago...

Obviously I don't know if that is true but it's interesting everyone had the same opinion...

Yeah, I'm not too surprised to head that. I remember cameras showing him quite a lot in Budapest last year (like, after every Katinka's race). Perhaps the reason I remember it well is because he didn't look like some super kind person, to say it mildly...

#banbestmen

6 hours ago, Dragon said:

Be that as it may, I'm not much of a fan of people who decide to cheat. Better just end the relationship first..

Oh well, obviously we're not them, but this whole story smells of sadness on all sides. 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

• 2 weeks later...

Santo Condorelli is officially part of team Italy now (at least in the process of doing so). With that, the end of Canadian male swimming. Unreal how strong the women are and how weak the men are. 10-15 years ago it was the opposite :cry:

• 2 weeks later...

Swimming Marathon World Cup stage #3 (Setubal, POR)

this time Hungary (men) and USA (Women) took the Gold medals...

p.s. sorry for being so late (this race was held last week)...

here are the Full Results:

Women

http://www.fina.org/competition-detailed-results/153390/34654

Men

http://www.fina.org/competition-detailed-results/153389/34654

Swimming Marathon World Cup stage #4 (Lake Balaton, HUN)

Today Germany (men) and Brazil (women) led the field...

once again, not much satisfaction for Italy (just a Bronze medal by Rachele Bruni in the women's race)...

here are the Full Results:

Women

http://www.fina.org/competition-detailed-results/153715/34655

Men

http://www.fina.org/competition-detailed-results/153714/34655

• 3 weeks later...
14 ore fa, Gianlu33 ha scritto:

New world record for :UKR Govorov in the 50m butterfly with 22.27, what great Settecolli :bowdown::bowdown: The past record was estabilished in 2009 by :ESP Munoz Perez (22.43)

really a great meet indeed...

among others, great show by Adam Peaty in the men's quick breastroke (58 and a half over 100m and 26.41 over 50m -nobody outside him has ever swam a time like that) and wonderful fight between Pernille Blume and Sarah Sjostrom in the quick freestyle for the girls...

another amazing result is the 21.16 over 50m free for Ben Proud...

but overall almost all the races have been among the quickest in the world in this 2018 season so far...

and we had also a lot of very promising results for the Italian team (the new IR by Panziera in the 200m back with a low 2.07 clocking is really impressive, she would have won the bronze medal in Rio with such performance)...

now we have to wait and see if they can match all that in Glasgow next month, otherwise it would be another disappointing episode of which our swimming is full in its history...