Welcome to Totallympics, the home of Olympic Sports!

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to other members, get your own private messenger, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Login | Create an Account

rybak

Tennis 2018 Discussion Thread

rybak    265

Tommy Haas announced his retirement, I saw that's coming but still I'm sad :( 

Nathy    7

Watched Griekspoor-Wawrinka yesterday and I was quite impressed by the young Dutch! Of course, Wawrinka wasn't 100% but Griekspoor didn't steal the victory.

Also watched my baby Felix Auger-Aliassime against Krajinovic and the kid was SO close to winning for his first ever ATP main draw :cheer: He only lost 5-7 in the third set. Very encouraging for the future! Hopefully he will follow the footseps of my other darling Shapovalov :bounce:

Wanderer    240
41 minutes ago, Nathy said:

Watched Griekspoor-Wawrinka yesterday and I was quite impressed by the young Dutch! Of course, Wawrinka wasn't 100% but Griekspoor didn't steal the victory.

Also watched my baby Felix Auger-Aliassime against Krajinovic and the kid was SO close to winning for his first ever ATP main draw :cheer: He only lost 5-7 in the third set. Very encouraging for the future! Hopefully he will follow the footseps of my other darling Shapovalov :bounce:

Felix has immense potential! If he is not that injury prone (he had some injuries over the last two years, unfortunately), with hard work he can count on success! I also like Shapovalov and his intensity but must admit after the match with Krajinovic, I prefer Auger's calmness on the court.  

Oh, and there is an interesting detail - Auger-Aliassime and Federer share same birth date (08.08) :d 

Nathy    7
7 minutes ago, Wanderer said:

Felix has immense potential! If he is not that injury prone (he had some injuries over the last two years, unfortunately), with hard work he can count on success! I also like Shapovalov and his intensity but must admit after the match with Krajinovic, I prefer Auger's calmness on the court.  

Oh, and there is an interesting detail - Auger-Aliassime and Federer share same birth date (08.08) :d 

I know, I hope injuries won't bother him as much as they do Raonic :wall:

Haha, I can understand preferring the calmness of Felix. I absolutely LOVE Shapovalov but sometimes he's a tad too intense, I admit it. He reminds me a lot of Lleyton Hewitt (whom I used to absolutely hate until he calmed down - and stopped bothering Federer :d). But I love him.

Hopefully, being born on the same date as the GOAT is a good omen :bounce:

thepharoah    108

Roger Federer is only 2 wins away from being the oldest Wo.1 in ATP history , he will face Kohlschriber in Rotterdam Quarters 

Edited by thepharoah