website statistics

Tennis 2018 Discussion Thread

rybak

Watched Griekspoor-Wawrinka yesterday and I was quite impressed by the young Dutch! Of course, Wawrinka wasn't 100% but Griekspoor didn't steal the victory.

Also watched my baby Felix Auger-Aliassime against Krajinovic and the kid was SO close to winning for his first ever ATP main draw :cheer: He only lost 5-7 in the third set. Very encouraging for the future! Hopefully he will follow the footseps of my other darling Shapovalov :bounce:

Hopp Suisse! Forza Italia! Go Canada Go!

41 minutes ago, Nathy said:

Watched Griekspoor-Wawrinka yesterday and I was quite impressed by the young Dutch! Of course, Wawrinka wasn't 100% but Griekspoor didn't steal the victory.

Also watched my baby Felix Auger-Aliassime against Krajinovic and the kid was SO close to winning for his first ever ATP main draw :cheer: He only lost 5-7 in the third set. Very encouraging for the future! Hopefully he will follow the footseps of my other darling Shapovalov :bounce:

Felix has immense potential! If he is not that injury prone (he had some injuries over the last two years, unfortunately), with hard work he can count on success! I also like Shapovalov and his intensity but must admit after the match with Krajinovic, I prefer Auger's calmness on the court.  

Oh, and there is an interesting detail - Auger-Aliassime and Federer share same birth date (08.08) :d 

7 minutes ago, Wanderer said:

Felix has immense potential! If he is not that injury prone (he had some injuries over the last two years, unfortunately), with hard work he can count on success! I also like Shapovalov and his intensity but must admit after the match with Krajinovic, I prefer Auger's calmness on the court.  

Oh, and there is an interesting detail - Auger-Aliassime and Federer share same birth date (08.08) :d 

I know, I hope injuries won't bother him as much as they do Raonic :wall:

Haha, I can understand preferring the calmness of Felix. I absolutely LOVE Shapovalov but sometimes he's a tad too intense, I admit it. He reminds me a lot of Lleyton Hewitt (whom I used to absolutely hate until he calmed down - and stopped bothering Federer :d). But I love him.

Hopefully, being born on the same date as the GOAT is a good omen :bounce:

Hopp Suisse! Forza Italia! Go Canada Go!