website statistics

Equestrian Qualification for Summer Olympic Games 2016

hckošice

The qualification period for MES (minimum eligibility standards) ended yesterday. I think all made it, the only questionmark is South Korean dressage rider.

Germany announced their long list for eventing in Rio. Long list actually contains "inner circle" which is the likely team for Rio. Blocks 1 & 2 is likely the reserve list. How much would I like to see Bettina Hoy in Rio though!

Inner circle

Sandra Auffarth (Opgun Louvo)

Michael Jung (Sam, Takinou, Rocana)

Ingrid Klimke (Hale Bob)

Andreas Ostholt (So is et)

Block 1

Bettina Hoy (Designer)

Julia Krajewski (Samourai du Thot)

Dirk Schrade (Hop and Skip)

Block 2

Claas Hermann Romeike (Cato)

Andreas Dibowski (It's me)

In other news, USA eventing team will be named today.

Meanwhile, Danish dressage championships ended. Podium finishers Dufour, Kasprzak and Kirk Thinggaard are in "crystal water" for selection. Final team to be confirmed on July 17th.

16_broholm_podium_0_01

#banbestmen

1 hour ago, dcro said:

The qualification period for MES (minimum eligibility standards) ended yesterday. I think all made it, the only questionmark is South Korean dressage rider.

Germany announced their long list for eventing in Rio. Long list actually contains "inner circle" which is the likely team for Rio. Blocks 1 & 2 is likely the reserve list. How much would I like to see Bettina Hoy in Rio though!

Inner circle

Sandra Auffarth (Opgun Louvo)

Michael Jung (Sam, Takinou, Rocana)

Ingrid Klimke (Hale Bob)

Andreas Ostholt (So is et)

Block 1

Bettina Hoy (Designer)

Julia Krajewski (Samourai du Thot)

Dirk Schrade (Hop and Skip)

Block 2

Claas Hermann Romeike (Cato)

Andreas Dibowski (It's me)

In other news, USA eventing team will be named today.

Meanwhile, Danish dressage championships ended. Podium finishers Dufour, Kasprzak and Kirk Thinggaard are in "crystal water" for selection. Final team to be confirmed on July 17th.

16_broholm_podium_0_01

I hope Kim Dong-seon has been selected to the South Korean team in Olympic dressage competition.

Since the deadline for reaching the MES has passed, FEI published the list of nominated entries. Basically all athletes will come from this lists. Some teams are also confirmed now, as their nominated entries don't contain reserves.

Dressage

Eventing

Jumping

P.S. South Korea confirmed.

Edited by dcro

#banbestmen

Good, we have almost the same team as the PanAmerican Games. I was worried the guys couldn't get the same horses. Only Biraben's horse Abunola is missing, hopefully it's because this is a better horse.

6 minutes ago, stamura84 said:

italy got one quota in jumping,and on the list there are three names .Do this means that italy has to choose just one of them,right?

Yes, Italian federation nominated three riders for Rio selection. One of them will be chosen, while the other two will be named as reserves.

These are preliminary entries basically. Final entries will be published after everyone selects their final teams.

#banbestmen

CHIO Rotterdam starts tomorrow. This will be the last Olympic selection event for dressage teams of USA, Australia, Belgium and Great Britain. And also the first selection event for the Dutch.

More about it here.

#banbestmen

• 2 weeks later...

FEI updated the qualification list.

Switzerland and Belarus declined quotas in eventing and that's how Poland and Italy got them. Sadly, we now lose Belarus in equestrian. :( Don't know what happened. Tseliapushkina was supposed to go with Passat to their third straight Olympics... Competing on the same horse for three Olympics is remarkable achievment and it very rarely happens.

#banbestmen

We have a possible scandal now. Well it is a bit of a scandl already.

Alexander Onishchenko, rich Ukrainian who has been investing in that international "Ukrainian" jumping team has been accused for corruption in Ukraine. Apparently, he sold no less than 44 horses after that. It is not known for sure, but it is possible that all Ukrainian horses from Olympic long list have been sold (all of them were owned by Onishchenko). If true, that would make them ineligible to compete at the Olympics.

If that happens then it will be Ireland that gets the team quota.

http://www.worldofshowjumping.com/en/News/Paul-Schockemoehle-buys-44-horses-from-Alexander-Onischenko.html

#banbestmen

22 minutes ago, dcro said:

We have a possible scandal now. Well it is a bit of a scandl already.

Alexander Onishchenko, rich Ukrainian who has been investing in that international "Ukrainian" jumping team has been accused for corruption in Ukraine. Apparently, he sold no less than 44 horses after that. It is not known for sure, but it is possible that all Ukrainian horses from Olympic long list have been sold (all of them were owned by Onishchenko). If true, that would make them ineligible to compete at the Olympics.

If that happens then it will be Ireland that gets the team quota.

http://www.worldofshowjumping.com/en/News/Paul-Schockemoehle-buys-44-horses-from-Alexander-Onischenko.html

And perhaps more importantly than getting the team quota would be the additional three individual quotas. Cian O'Connor and the Irish media had been highlighting this possibility for a few days.... I hope and pray our team may finally get luck on our side after the rotten luck we endured in qualification.