website statistics

Wrestling 2016 Discussion Thread

panda

18 hours ago, gubchandrolai said:

Nothing confirmed yet by IOC.

Edited by Dragon

If you check the World Junior Championship you can't see any wrestler from Mongolia ! I heard about it but I wasn't sure , apparently UWW banned Mongolian wrestling federation until further announcement ! what those coaches did was stupid and they deserve heavy punishment but banning an entire nation for that is unbelievable .

36 minutes ago, MHSN said:

If you check the World Junior Championship you can't see any wrestler from Mongolia ! I heard about it but I wasn't sure , apparently UWW banned Mongolian wrestling federation until further announcement ! what those coaches did was stupid and they deserve heavy punishment but banning an entire nation for that is unbelievable .

Looks like we're back to collective punishment in sports.

Stopped watching sports, there are better things in life.

52 minutes ago, MHSN said:

If Isinbayeva could be banned... :dunno: 

Some Indian news agencies are claiming that Toghrul Asgarov has also failed dope test from London. I am yet to find any non-Indian source for this and hence, it could be all rubbish, but it does raise a challenging hypothetical. Asgarov won Gold in London while Kudukhov won Silver. Yogeshwar and Scott won Bronze. Now, there are reports about both Gold and Silver medallists failing dope test, so in that case what would be the medal re-distribution? When one of the finalists fails dope test, it is simple. Bronze medallist who lost to doped wrestler gets upgraded to Silver and the wrestler who lost to upgraded wrestler in Bronze medal match gets Bronze. But, what happens when both finalist are disqualified? 2 silvers and 2 bronze? Or is there some tiebreak which can be applied. 

Once again, at present this is just a hypothetical as I am yet to find anything credible on Asgarov failing dope test. (He won Silver in Rio as well). 

40 minutes ago, Dolby said:

Some Indian news agencies are claiming that Toghrul Asgarov has also failed dope test from London. I am yet to find any non-Indian source for this and hence, it could be all rubbish, but it does raise a challenging hypothetical. Asgarov won Gold in London while Kudukhov won Silver. Yogeshwar and Scott won Bronze. Now, there are reports about both Gold and Silver medallists failing dope test, so in that case what would be the medal re-distribution? When one of the finalists fails dope test, it is simple. Bronze medallist who lost to doped wrestler gets upgraded to Silver and the wrestler who lost to upgraded wrestler in Bronze medal match gets Bronze. But, what happens when both finalist are disqualified? 2 silvers and 2 bronze? Or is there some tiebreak which can be applied. 

Once again, at present this is just a hypothetical as I am yet to find anything credible on Asgarov failing dope test. (He won Silver in Rio as well). 

first, people should remember this is not a sure thing if IOC award those medals to the next athlete.

but if they want to do that, I think they will either give shared gold or shared silver. or maybe the best idea is leaving Dutt and Scott with bronze medals they already won ! complicated situation, this is not in their rules to do what if both finalists fail the test.