website statistics

Rugby Sevens 2018 Discussion Thread

LDOG

• 4 weeks later...

Interesting result at the women's World Series in Australia :d 

LcXQsll.png

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

• 3 months later...

This weekend it's the rugby sevens tournament at the South American Games.

It will be held at Cochabamba, Bolivia, some 2500 metres above sea level.

Both the men's and women's tournaments will feature 7 teams: Argentina, Brazil, Chile, Colombia, Uruguay, Paraguay and Bolivia.

The best two men's teams and the best women's team will qualify to the 2019 Pan American Games.

Calendar:

810_sin-titulol.png

13 minutes ago, NaBUru38 said:

This weekend it's the rugby sevens tournament at the South American Games.

It will be held at Cochabamba, Bolivia, some 2500 metres above sea level.

Both the men's and women's tournaments will feature 7 teams: Argentina, Brazil, Chile, Colombia, Uruguay, Paraguay and Bolivia.

The best two men's teams and the best women's team will qualify to the 2019 Pan American Games.

Calendar:

810_sin-titulol.png

I would put my money on Brazil, Argentina, and Uruguay to have the best chance at Qualification 

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

In the men's tournament, Los Pumas 7s have already qualified. Brazil, Uruguay and Chile will fight for the two spots.

In the women's tournament, the candidates are Brazil, Colombia and Argentina.

17 minutes ago, NaBUru38 said:

In the men's tournament, Los Pumas 7s have already qualified. Brazil, Uruguay and Chile will fight for the two spots.

In the women's tournament, the candidates are Brazil, Colombia and Argentina.

I forgot about Chile. I think Chile will for sure get 1 of the men’s spot. Brazil and Uruguay will be close. I have a feeling that Colombia gets the woman’s quota based off their youth teams sucess

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

• 4 months later...

:MEX vs :JAM 

:LCA vs :TTO 

Winners qualify for women's rugby sevens tournament at Lima 2019

:JAM vs :BER

:GUY vs :MEX

Winners qualify for men's rugby sevens tournament at Lima 2019, the Guyana vs Mexico sf also guarantees a new nation qualifying for the men's tournament, as the same 8 were represented in 2011/2015.

Edited by intoronto

1 hour ago, intoronto said:

:MEX vs :JAM 

:LCA vs :TTO 

Winners qualify for women's rugby sevens tournament at Lima 2019

:JAM vs :BER

:GUY vs :MEX

Winners qualify for men's rugby sevens tournament at Lima 2019, the Guyana vs Mexico sf also guarantees a new nation qualifying for the men's tournament, as the same 8 were represented in 2011/2015.

Totallympics TV

For those looking to follow the path to Lima 2019 here is the link to livestreaming