website statistics

Karate 2018 Discussion Thread

thepharoah

finally, some good results for Italy in this season's K1PL...

Sara Cardin (Women's Kumite, -55kg) and Viviana Bottaro (Women's Kata) made it through to the final (and a couple more fighters had access to the Bronze medal bout)...

it's quite an important result for us, especially Bottaro's win over the (almost) unbeatable Spaniard Sandra Sanchez Jaime in the Kata semifinals...let's see if next Sunday they can complete the effort and win Gold...it would be really encouraging in perspective, since the Olympic Ranking tournaments will start really soon...

Karate1 Premier League, Stage #5 (Istanbul, TUR)

New K1PL stage and new faces on top of the medal table...

overall, Iran dominated the field and won good 3 Gold medals...

in the final medal table, they were followed by Japan, Italy and Turkey with 2 Gold medals each (but the second Turkish Gold came in the senseless women's Team Kata event -just to name it...Morocco won the men's Team Kata event)...

finally, Finland, Switzerland, Chinese Taipei and Ukraine won the remaining "serious" Gold medals (1 each, of course)...

looking at the Olympic classes, the 2 Kata events have been won by Japan (men) and Italy (women, where the Japanese reigning World Champion Kiyou Shimizu lost her first international tournament in the last couple of years)...

in the Kumite disciplines, instead, TPE & ITA shared the honors in the lower female division (by winning respectively the -50kg & -55kg), with TUR taking once again the -61kg and SUI & FIN sharing the heavier class (by winning respectively the -68kg and +68kg...to be noticed: second consecutive win for FIN in the women's heaviest class)...

on the men's side, IRI & JPN shared the lower weight division (they took the -60kg and -67kg classes, respectively), with UKR topping the middle weights (-75kg) and IRI destroying the field in both the heavy & super-heavyweights (-84kg and +84kg, respectively)...

Full Results of the entire stage #5 of the K1PL can be found here:

https://www.sportdata.org/wkf/sportsid/popup_main.php?popup_action=results&vernr=171&active_menu=calendar

Very important...from the next time (Berlin, GER, 14-16 September 2018) the K1PL Results will count for the Olympic Qualification Ranking, therefore a really tough competition with all the best fighters in the world is expected...

That was an interesting tournament for the Iranians. since Istanbul is the next door, they sent a big delegation and while some of our veterans lost badly, we had some new faces in the final, to be honest I never heard the name of some of them ! while this is indeed a good thing, but for Olympic qualification we need someone to be consistent in all tournaments. winning medals by different athletes doesn't help  ! but they were Iranians in all 5 male kumitee events with 3 gold and 2 silver. (and 3 bronze) female team was disappointing with just a bronze by Khaksar. and of course we already gave up trying in Kata.

I wonder if there is any limitation about the number of athletes per country in this Karate-1 events ? :mumble:

53 minuti fa, MHSN ha scritto:

That was an interesting tournament for the Iranians. since Istanbul is the next door, they sent a big delegation and while some of our veterans lost badly, we had some new faces in the final, to be honest I never heard the name of some of them ! while this is indeed a good thing, but for Olympic qualification we need someone to be consistent in all tournaments. winning medals by different athletes doesn't help  ! but they were Iranians in all 5 male kumitee events with 3 gold and 2 silver. (and 3 bronze) female team was disappointing with just a bronze by Khaksar. and of course we already gave up trying in Kata.

I wonder if there is any limitation about the number of athletes per country in this Karate-1 events ? :mumble:

no, the limit is set on the world ranking...if I remember well, it's the best 50 in the WR in each class among those who ask to enter the tournament (plus some wild cards for the host Country)...

Edited by phelps

4 minutes ago, phelps said:

no, the limit is set on the world ranking...if I remember well, it's the best 50 in the WR among those who ask to enter the tournament (plus some wild cards for the host Country)...

thanks. so the current ranking matters after all ! I have to check the ranking how many Iranians are in top 50. :d I wonder if our federation has the motive and the budget to send them all to the next Karate-1 events.

1 minuto fa, MHSN ha scritto:

thanks. so the current ranking matters after all ! I have to check the ranking how many Iranians are in top 50. :d I wonder if our federation has the motive and the budget to send them all to the next Karate-1 events.

sure! and considering that all the table draws are set by this ranking, there's a lot to care about it already in these days...

moreover, the qualification through the WR is very, very strict (top 2 in each class, except the -75kg men and the -61kg women, which have the top 4)...so, every tournament will be crucial...probably just 1 single mistake and the chances to qualify through the WR are gone...

• 3 months later...

the African/Mediterranean champion Hocine daikhi +84kg will not compete in Berlin because they didn't give him VISA CHEATERSSSSSSSSSS

how could you host one event and you don't give  VISA to the athletes , of course this stupid world federation says nothing  CHEATERSSSSSSSSSS

this guy is very strong afraid to see him on podium  CHEATERSSSSSSSSSS

they destroy their rivals and keep  medals for themselves CHEATERSSSSSSSSSS

5 ore fa, bestmen ha scritto:

the African/Mediterranean champion Hocine daikhi +84kg will not compete in Berlin because they didn't give him VISA CHEATERSSSSSSSSSS

how could you host one event and you don't give  VISA to the athletes , of course this stupid world federation says nothing  CHEATERSSSSSSSSSS

this guy is very strong afraid to see him on podium  CHEATERSSSSSSSSSS

they destroy their rivals and keep  medals for themselves CHEATERSSSSSSSSSS

and what about Israeli athletes in all Muslim Countries?...:whistle::facepalm::wall:

Edited by phelps