Welcome to Totallympics, the home of Olympic Sports!

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to other members, get your own private messenger, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Login | Create an Account

Sign in to follow this  
bestmen

Judo 2018 Discussion Thread

bestmen    703

GP Tunis in live

we have only 3 participating and they put them vs japanese:lol:

Edited by bestmen

DaniSRB    451
5 minutes ago, dareza said:

looks like it is his 3rd name :d

Greek judoka Roman Moustopoulos, aka Vano Revazishvili, was European Junior Champion Judo in 2013 in Sarajevo. He won the Grand Prix of Tashkent in 2014 U81kg. In 2013 he won the Junior European title and a World Junior medal. He won bronze at the Grand Prix in Jeju 2015, Havana and Tbilisi in 2016.

• Haha 1

ChandlerMne    73
44 minutes ago, DaniSRB said:

looks like it is his 3rd name :d

Greek judoka Roman Moustopoulos, aka Vano Revazishvili, was European Junior Champion Judo in 2013 in Sarajevo. He won the Grand Prix of Tashkent in 2014 U81kg. In 2013 he won the Junior European title and a World Junior medal. He won bronze at the Grand Prix in Jeju 2015, Havana and Tbilisi in 2016.

Wow,competes for whoever pays more. Cant think what would have been if he was better. Probably UAE. 

heywoodu    2,372
Just now, ChandlerMne said:

Wow,competes for whoever pays more. Cant think what would have been if he was better. Probably UAE. 

Apparently left Georgia because there was barely a serious chance in Georgia's rather strong team. After that, it's hard to blame someone when yet another country comes along and could make you financially independent (he was already out of his home country for other reasons anyway, so why not leave Greece as well). 

dareza    512

Meanwhile, Loic Korval became coach of the Serbian national team :mumble:

With Majdov and Kukolj.

Edited by dareza

ChandlerMne    73
8 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

Apparently left Georgia because there was barely a serious chance in Georgia's rather strong team. After that, it's hard to blame someone when yet another country comes along and could make you financially independent (he was already out of his home country for other reasons anyway, so why not leave Greece as well). 

I agree to some level,but 3rd country for a relativelly young athlete.... nowadays usual thing but where is ethics there? He is just picking shortcuts to success. Personally, i dislike this, especially when i see Turkey and Azerbaijan as target countries. Maybe i am that old school that was following sport in 90ies where those decisions were rare,almost non existent. Who knows :d

heywoodu    2,372
Just now, ChandlerMne said:

I agree to some level,but 3rd country for a relativelly young athlete.... nowadays usual thing but where is ethics there? He is just picking shortcuts to success. Personally, i dislike this, especially when i see Turkey and Azerbaijan as target countries. Maybe i am that old school that was following sport in 90ies where those decisions were rare,almost non existent. Who knows :d

Well I'm also not a fan of it :p 

I just mean I can (to some agree) understand it. Who knows for example what his personal situation is, maybe Turkey's money can get him from barely getting by to having no financial worries anymore, something like that. I'd find it hard to say no then when I already am not competing for my home country anymore anyway :d 

dareza    512
12 minutes ago, ChandlerMne said:

Maybe you don't know but Mihael Zgank is not Slovenian anymore, he will compete for Turkey in future ;) I can't wait to see his new name :lol:

Edited by dareza

DaniSRB    451
6 minutes ago, dareza said:

Maybe you don't know but Mihael Zgank is not Slovenian anymore, he will compete for Turkey in future ;) I can't wait to see his new name :lol:

Mustafa? :d

• Like 1

dareza    512
Just now, DaniSRB said:

Mustafa? :d

:lol: